Need help w/?'s to ask Dr @ PreOp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need help w/?'s to ask Dr @ PreOp Need help w/?'s to ask Dr @ PreOp

Unread 02-12-2006, 03:21 AM
Need help w/?'s to ask Dr @ PreOp

Would appreciate any input here!! My SX is sched' for March 28th and PreOp is sched' for the 23rd. I have never had any SX before. Too long to think about this one and I seem to be more scared/worried each day. I know millions of women have had this done, but that does not keep me from being a scaredy cat. I am so glad that I found this site. I've read alot over the past week and hope to get some relief from the worrying by just having someone to talk to. I have talked w/my co-wrkrs (majority are RN's) and my female fam' members. My biggest question right now is re: keep or not keep the ovaries. My mind keeps changing back and forth. I don't know......I'm so confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2006, 03:28 AM

I am keeping mine as they are still working and as far as I know healthy. Nurse told me that if they are removed then I would start to age more quickly and have to take HRT. When the menopause does eventually hit me I will worry about it then.
Unread 02-12-2006, 03:52 AM

As of right now that is my decision also. Dr has sensed nothing wrong with them thru pap smears and biopsy. He says we could go into this with the intention of keeping them. While he is in there he will look at them and then if he sees something wrong, will decide to take one or both or none. My hsbnd thinks I should keep whatever I can. I really don't want to take any HRT's if I don't have to. Thanks for your response. I didn't think other people got up as early as I do.
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2006, 07:15 AM

((( Karen ))), I think that keeping healthy ovaries is a good idea. If you would like a list of good pre op questions click here
I printed it, added a few more of my own and took it with me for my pre op. My dr was happy to answer them

Best wishes.

S
Unread 02-12-2006, 05:31 PM

thank you jeanus for the link to the pre-op question list. I suffer from incontinence and hadn't realized that this is the time to bring this to the doctor's attention to see if a bladder tack would be an option.
Unread 02-12-2006, 06:16 PM

I'm worried about forgetting to ask something and then realizing it after the fact ya know. I printed the list and added a few things but I'm still completely paranoid I'll forget something. Me, I want to know everything about whats gonna happen but then it just freaks me out and confuses me to death. AARRGG!!
Being a woman can be so hard sometimes.
Men sure don't have to go through this much stuff do they.
Hang in there everyone.
Unread 02-13-2006, 05:09 PM

Thank you very much Jean. I appreciate the list.
Karen
Unread 02-13-2006, 05:32 PM

My mom and I were discussing this very topic this afternoon. Her and her friend think that I am making a big mistake by wanting to keep my ovaries. They think that I should just have them out now because they think I will just have to have them out later. I told mom that I am 35 and NOT going to be stuck taking HRT's for a thousand years if I don't have too. It would be different if there was something wrong with them. I already printed out the questions, and I am sure I will add one million. I am just as nervous as you are Karen. But knowing what questions to ask(and getting the answers) will make us both feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register