Bowel & Gas Issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel & Gas Issues Bowel & Gas Issues

Unread 02-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Bowel & Gas Issues

[font=Verdana][color=Purple]
Not sure if this has anything to do with what is going on but here lately I have been extemely gassy usually in the afternoons. I take 2 fibercon tablets sometime in the early afternoon as I was diagonised with IBS a few years back. I thought I everything was better and was even able to stop the anti spasmatic. When I started having the pelvic pain & my PC ruled out a bladder infection she suggested I started back with the fibercon & put me back on the anitspasmatic which did nothing. The pain I get late in the day is on the left side (ovarian cyst is on the right) but is real low and towards the center. Even if I pass the gas I am still real tender. When under stress I suffer intestionally but I am ok with the upcoming surgery. I have also been having trouble with my hemroid and (this part is rather embarassing) and sometimes I get damp (?) in my crack and it itches. The sides along my rear crack get irritated because even with the fibercon I sometimes have problems passing my stools. I drink a minium of 32 ounces of water a day. I have found relief with destine which was left here when my (step)daughter & grandson moved out. Does anyone else have problems like this? I dont want to make a big deal out of this because I was highly embarressed a few years ago when I went to the ER for a suspected gallbladder problem to find out that I had 7 feet of air trapped in me! Sometimes I dont even think I am gassy or constipated until I fart and cant move my bowels. Am I going crazy? Or is my subconcsious in a panic over the surgery that is still 2 months away? And is is possible to feel an ovarian cyst move or change in anyway?
Thanks!
Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Bowel & Gas Issues

No need to be embarrassed...this site is the place for those questions we are afraid to ask outloud.

My bowels have changed in the way they function lately. I think I have a fibroid creating chaos in that region. I have never had issues before, so I know this is not a true "bowel" problem even though it presents itself that way.

Mine is a malfuctioning uterine, fibroid interloper problem. 33 days to go, and I will have my revenge.
Unread 02-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Bowel & Gas Issues

I had bowel problems, weeks of constant constipation and was told that it was IBS. Later it was H-Pylori, received treatment for about two years. Had uterus removed in 2003, still had gastro probs. Cysts started growing on ovaries so I was scheduled for a laproscopic, ending up being a oophrendectomy ... or something like that...ovaries, tubes, etc., all gone . . but when the doctor went in she was ghastly surprised at the number of tumors, cysts, etc. that were in there . . . didn't all show on the ultrasound . . Thank God they were benign...the point to this story is that she had to take one off the liver and some out of the bowels, thus was the cause of the constipation....did not cure the sotmach problem as two months after the second surgery oooph one 11/30/06, I am now told that the gallbladder isn't working either...another surgery, oh Lord...but just to let you know you might have some cysts or tumors in the bowels causing some of the probs, good luck to ya...anyone with gallbladder probs after surgery please send me a note...take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Bowel & Gas Issues

I had my gall bladder removed in a lap. procedure. I was out the day I went in, out of work for a week, then I was fine. My past stomach problems no longer affect me. Good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well.

T
Unread 02-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Lactose intolerant?

Does the gas occur after eating/drinking milk products? I am lactose intolerant and that what causes my gas. I didn't have any problems until I was 35. My DR said that I have all three genetic strikes against me: dark hair, dark eyes, and UK ancestry. He had me go off all dairy for 3 days, and then eat as much as I wanted after that. If there is a increase in gas after you go back on dairy, it is likely you are lactose intolerant. If there is no difference, you are probably not. He told me to take Lactaid at a dose 2-3 times higher than directed on the box. It is OTC and he said that you cannot overdose on it (it is just an enzyme that helps you digest lactose). I take 3 Ultra Lactaid when I eat anything dairy, but I've found I need to avoid milk and ice cream altogether. I would talk to my DR if I were you and see if this is something that might help you.
Unread 02-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Bowel & Gas Issues

Thanks for your replies. It is great to know that I am not alone.
Unread 02-13-2006, 11:20 PM
I had similar symptoms

Your post could have been written by me. I have been having problems with my hemmroids and bowels for about 2 years before I had my hysterectomy. I was diagnosed with endo in Jan. of '05. My hemmroids were really bad. Every time I had a BM, they would swell and bleed. I thought for sure that I had endo on my bowels, but I didn't. My hemmroids haven't been as bad since my surgery. I have only had two bouts of them since. But let me tell you, the gas has been horrible. I am starting to think it is IBS because it is worse after a long, stressful day. I understand about your bowels hurting after you pass the gas. It's weird, huh?
Unread 02-14-2006, 05:47 AM
Bowel & Gas Issues

Hi Dawn,

I noticed that our hysterectomy is scheduled for
the same day: April 19!
Still a long time, but this is a great place to wait
for it.

Marili
Unread 02-14-2006, 05:55 AM
Bowel & Gas Issues

It is wonderful to know that I am not alone! And Marili, I will be thinking of you as I go thru the waiting the game. It is nice to know that there is someone with a scheduled date that seems like next year!

Dawn
Unread 02-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Bowel & Gas Issues

OK Dawn,

we can wait together
I'm sure we'll meet other * day sisters*
along the way!

Marili

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register