3 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-13-2006, 10:42 AM
3 weeks

I can't believe today makes it 3 weeks..Since I had a TAH, I have not really done anything in the house and don't intend to, till my 6 Wks are up and the doc gives me the okay. I plan to pamper myeslf till then But believe me when I say, I am going crazy!

I can't believe how incredibly sore I am and how bloated my belly is, even though I don't do anything and I can't believe when I do have pain, that causes me to take my meds to kind of relieve the pain. Does that make sense? LOL.. This surgery has taught me to slow and down and appreciate life around me. I am scared to do anything though. Hence the reason why I haven't shaved my legs..I am not a pretty sight right now.

So I was just wondering how my fellow 3Wkers are doing???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2006, 10:54 AM
3 weeks

Hi,
I too am at the 3 week point, walking around is the only way I get any ease at all, feeling better for the most part but only if you compare it to week one. I know how you feel about being scared to do anything I keep hearing all that could happen and that is all we need
Unread 06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
3 weeks

I feel pretty good, just a bit tried. Was away for the weekend to celebrate my son's graduation from UW. Lots of emotions! My body tires easily but my brain tells me to go. It is usually the other way around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2006, 12:28 PM
3 weeks

This is a scary time, we are staring to feel better, so tend to want to do more, and sometimes do too much!! :bedjump: So, still no jumping on the bed, still need to rest on the bed!!!

I am going back to work next Tuesday, and worry about coworkers expecting too much!!

One day at a time! We will get there!
Unread 06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
3 weeks

I can't believe it's fixing to be 3 weeks for me. I am doing really good. My doctor told me I could drive and believe you me I was ready. I get tired but I am feeling really good. Just got back from going out to lunch with my mom and sisters. I have some pain and bloating but nothing like before the surgery. In three more weeks just think how good we will feel.
Unread 06-13-2006, 01:53 PM
3 weeks

Will be 3 weeks for me on Thurs. and I have done really great I think. I started working yesterday (its only a part time desk job for 3 hours a day) and its all been fine. I have a lil poochy area from one side of my belly to the other where the incision is but it isnt bad. I get tired somewhat but that isnt too bad either. So far, I cant complain about any of my recovery. *knock on wood* I hope it continues to go well for each of us. *hugs*
Unread 06-13-2006, 02:02 PM
3 weeks

Tomorrow is three weeks for me. I feel like I can take on the world, after my afternoon nap. LOL! Seriously, I have been released to do all but the most obvious, and I, too, am a little fearful about doing things, but I am building up my strength. DH still discourages me from doing stairs. He just wants me to do the R&R routine-- especially when he is not here.

People from work want to call on me, and I am aoiding them to aovid wrok-based stress, since I do not have to "deal with it" officially for another three weeks. I feel kinda bad, but I just cannot aford to have work stress ruin my one chance at healing properly. Hyster sisters keeps me strong on that term!!! Thank you all!!!!
Unread 06-13-2006, 02:06 PM
3 weeks

It's been exactly 3 weeks today for my tvh. Feeling pretty good, went back to work Monday. Not doing much, just gossiping with the other ladies in the office. I work pt in morning, and then I come home to nap. My tummy is tender above the belly button. And I still have a lot of pressure when I walk a lot. All in all I feel a lot better than I thought I would. Can't wait until I can actually get in and out of my car without having to think about it. I'm still having a problem with insomnia, when I go in for 4 week check up next week I'm going to ask about something to help me out.
Donna
Unread 06-13-2006, 02:39 PM
3 weeks

Hello fellow-3 weekers! I am feeling really good - not doing to much around the house - simple things. I am walking 20-30 minutes every morning on my treadmill (a nice slow pace). No need for pain meds, and the insomnia has gotten much better (thanks to Tylenol PM). I go to the doc's tomorrow with my list of questions I do get a little "weepy" now and then, but I guess that is to be expected. I would like to go back to work sometime next week - only an hour or two Mon-Wed-Fridays ( I work in a gym and I would only be watching the desk -easy!)....I'll wait and see what my doc says - Hubby would rather I stay home for 8 weeks - but I am starting to go a little stir crazy! And besides, I really want to drive
Overall, I am glad the surgery is over, and I look forward to healing and getting better day by day
Unread 06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
3 weeks

Hey 3 weekers! I'm actually doing good today, I am finally feeling a bit better. I spent the weekend in a depressed funk, had a good cry (or 2) and it seemed to help. I am not sleeping well, but we are working on that. I wanted to get out of the house so hubby took me to Target and I got some new nail polish and re-did my toes. My dr said this week I can start walking outside and doing a little bit. I almost feel like I can, I still get very dizzy when I am upright longer than 5 minutes. But I think this week will be the turning point for me! Yay!

Amy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register