TAH just call me clueless ... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just call me clueless ... just call me clueless ...

Unread 11-16-2011, 09:16 PM
just call me clueless ...

Wow...what a WONDERFUL group of ladies! I'm so grateful to have found this sight! I only.wish.I would have found this forum a little sooner. Better late than never, right. I had my TAH on Nov. 4th and I go back for my 2 week post op tomorrow. In my head, I have so many questions that I just know I'm going to forget tomorrow as I feel rushed through my appointment :-(

I have had a horrible burning pain in my left groin and hip area since day 1. Not sure what its from, and to be honest, its been the worst part of this whole thing. I've had 3 c-sections so the actual incision wasn't an issue for me as its numb and been that way for years. I have been up and moving around quite a bit but only out of the house twice. One of those trips being to Walmart on my 6th day post op just b/c I was stir crazy and felt up to it. I must admit, I was very sore afterwards.

I just don't know how much is too much??? I don't even know how many if any stitches I have inside? I always wonder these things after I'm off the phone or gone from the doctors office. I feel okay to bend over, but should I? Still getting more bloated, not sure how to reduce this. What about an abdominal binder? Is it too late to start wearing one of these and are there benefits to it?

I would love to read some input from everyone else considering we all are sharing such a similar situation. It's not that my doc isn't informative, but I think he just trusts my judgement of how I should recover and the fact is...I'm so unsure :-(

Many hugs to you gals...I hope you are feeling well and getting lots of rest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Re: just call me clueless ...

write down all the questions you just asked in your message and any others you can think of and take the list to your appointment so you won't forget anything. then go over it with your doctor and don't let him leave the room until you feel like your questions have been answered. good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register