brain fog anyone? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

brain fog anyone? brain fog anyone?

Unread 06-04-2007, 06:50 PM
brain fog anyone?

Coffee: did i hear coffee? I had the worst caffeine withdrawal headache after my surgery, two vicodin did nothing for it...they had to get me my caffeine fix! I have been drinking it daily since my return home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2007, 10:39 PM
brain fog anyone?

You are not alone. Today I was writing bills and put my addy sticker on the side where the stamps go and then I wrote one check to myself, which I seriously think I should do more often, LOL, and then put one check in the envelope without the bill...Nope you are certainly not alone.
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:05 AM
brain fog anyone?

luckey1

LOL! i got a good chuckle out of your post.

i am ordering a new purse today. it's my consolation prize for taking good care of myself and getting this surgery that was no fun and is no fun but was needed.

so, in effect, i'm writing myself a check. and i have absolutely no guilt about that!!!
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:15 AM
brain fog anyone?

luckey...I too chuckled at your post. For me, I went and got nails yesterday! The lady who does them couldn't believe how good I looked 12 days out! And after all those coffee postings, here I am with my java as I type!
Unread 06-07-2007, 01:20 PM
brain fog anyone?

Hi everyone! I had my surgery Sept '06 and still have some brain issues. I think they're related to the lovely lack of hormones. I'm doing HRT, but it's still not like I was pre-surgery. Just last week, I was driving to work and went the totally wrong way. I've been taking the same route for the past 4 1/2 years....what? I still forget what I was saying as well. THE GOOD NEWS is that it's not as bad as it was the first couple months. So, I'm holding onto the hope it will continue to improve with time.

I've just gotten to where I tell people I'm a 42 year old nut case who needs to be watched at all times. My friends have been supportive and we all get a good laugh out of my goofy moves. If I've learned one thing from this surgery, it's how to laugh at myself.....

Side note -- you can always use it as an excuse even after you're feeling better.
Unread 06-07-2007, 02:36 PM
brain fog anyone?

I'm finding the brain fog comes and goes. It is so frustrating when I know what I want to say but I can't find my words. Oh well. Sigh. There are worse things in the world than coming off as a ditso.

I'm often lightheaded, but not dizzy. It's a strange feeling. It's usually present when I'm having trouble thinking of the right words to say. I know that this too shall pass.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register