What a day !! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What a day !! What a day !!

Unread 04-22-2004, 05:47 PM
What a day !!

Hi Sisters,

I don't have a question....just need to talk and vent. Thank you ahead of time for listening .

Well, ever since my last Dr. appt. (March 30) I have been waiting for April's period to get here & leave so I could have my ultrasound and finally get some answers. I finally started today ....8 days late...and very light....but at least it's here.

I called the Dr.'s office all excited to make my U/S appt., guess when they could 'fit me in' ?!?! May 12 !!
I said excuse me, but I thought the whole purpose of waiting until after my cycle was so the tech. could get a better view. By May 12...it will be almost time to start again. The reply "Sorry, that's the soonest we can get you in."
Then I asked to speak to a nurse about my frequent urination & chronic back pain....Sorry....no nurses here today , call back tomorrow. Grrrr!!!!!

I hung up the phone and found a new Dr. Hopefully now I am on the way to getting a diagnosis and some relief.

Thank you all !

Love & Hugs,
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 05:55 PM
What a day !!

OMGoodness.. that's unexceptable!!! GRRRRRRRRRR.. I'm angry for you... geez... I don't even have words for it.. You should have talked to the DR him/herself!!

Well, super big hugs for you!!

T
Unread 04-22-2004, 06:04 PM
If it's not one thing, it's another....

Oh maannnn! I had my doc appt. last week and asked for ultrasound and they gave me form w/appt. date on it, etc. + another appt. to see doc and I stuffed everything in my purse and forgot about it. Duh!

So I'm driving home from work tonight, and I empty the entire purse out on the car seat, and fishing through all the papers...there's my ultrasound paper, scheduled for TODAY at 1PM.

I MISSED IT!! Eeee-yaahhh! (Howard Dean scream).

So I'll phone tomorrow and beg for next week, Doc appt. is May 7th. I will put red flag on calendar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 06:29 PM
What a day !!

Big HUGS to my Sisters !!

Thank you both for being there for me....it's just been one of 'those' days. If my DD didn't have a friend sleeping over, I would probably be a crying mess by now.

Hey Nancym, If you weren't gonna use your U/S appt. - you could have given it to me !! LOL .

Love & Hugs,
Michelle
Unread 04-22-2004, 06:37 PM
What a day !!

No prob... I've had one of those days too.. you should read my post about the xanax... HORRIBLE DAY!! Blah...

We all need all the help we can get!!

*bighugs*
Unread 04-22-2004, 06:48 PM
What a day !!

Ha ha Michelle, if I had known I would've passed my appt. on to you. But of course, I would have also phoned Donald Trump and ask to borrow his personal jet to pick you and bring you to the facility in New Hampshire, LOL!

I have all my films in my possession right now. They are a riot
to look at, all the little bumps and nooks and crannies (no, it's not a Thomas' English muffin - its photos from Mars!) lol!

May the Good Lord look down upon us and...well, give us a break!
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:28 PM
What a day !!

I went to the dr on the 20th.....my US is scheduled on the 5th of next month and my follow up with my dr is the 19th....my insides are falling out! I couldnt believe the wait. I wont complain because I have gotten farther with this place than anywhere else and since I have no ins and can get my entire surgery paid for I am just going to grin and bear it. I guess it will be bed rest and pain pills for now.
Unread 04-23-2004, 02:21 AM
What a day !!

i've read numerous posts about women having to wait for an U/S appt...i'm asking out of curiosity because the GYN who did my surgery and my new GYN (who did a lap adhesion removal surgery and placed a urethral sling 6 weeks ago), they both have on-site U/S techs and theres no wait to have the test done (unless they are exceptionally busy, then it would be scheduled for the next day or at YOUR convenience)..i also notice that women on here are having to wait for results of their u/s (and other tests)..i had to have the standard pre-op u/s (done the day i had my original appt for symptoms) and got th results immediately--while the test was being done i was being informed as to what the dr was looking for and what was found..the tech was allowed to tell me--then she gave the info to the dr and that was it......with my new gyn i had to have a urodynamics test done..those results were immediate also.....enlighten me ladies, why do your dr's make you wait for tests/results?
Unread 04-23-2004, 10:06 AM
What a day !!

I am going to a teaching hospital run by the medical college in my state. I have to go there because it wont end up costing me very much if anything. The waiting lists there are obviously longer. The doctors are still students. I have to go to the hospital to have my US obviously by yet another student. I am being seen in a womens clinic run by the hospital. I am sure my wait is contributed to the fact that there are a lot of people who go to this hospital due to income and by it being a university they are going to use me as much as possible to teach. I really dont mind the wait. I am just glad to know that after the years of having my ins sucked by a worthless gyn who couldnt find anything wrong with me,I am finally getting something done. In the end I will get rid of this pain and a handful of new doctors will get some hands on experience. I just try to look at the bright side while I ride out this wait!!!
Unread 04-23-2004, 10:22 AM
What a day !!

Hi Nancym,

Well of course 'The Donald' will accomomdate us !! LOL. Perhaps he could buy us a couple of new uteruses too, since ours don't seem to be working so well.

Gee thanks ~ now I'll never eat another english muffin with peanut butter . Ha ! Ha !

Hope you are having a wonderful day

Love & Hugs,
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register