Tired & Exhausted - 5 Weeks Post LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tired & Exhausted - 5 Weeks Post LAVH Tired & Exhausted - 5 Weeks Post LAVH

Unread 12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Tired & Exhausted - 5 Weeks Post LAVH

Hi!
I had my LAVH on 27 October and am now 5 weeks post-op. I am so tired still and everything I do is sooooo exhausting. After a shower in the morning all I want to do is go back to bed! Should this be so wearing?

Originally, I was thinking about going back to work after 8 weeks BUT this seems like a near impossibility! Am I just expecting too much or am I being a real wimp! I had two friends who had the same procedure and they both went back to work at 4 weeks post-op and one is a hairdresser on her feet all day!

I haven't had any major post-op problems and my bleeding has stopped completely. I was unwell for a long time before the surgery (almost 6 years bleeding constantly) but because of my age no one was very keen on doing a hysterectomy. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Ashanti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2008, 04:52 PM

Hi Ashanti,
You are not a wimp at all!! I was really exhausted at 5 weeks post-op, but now I am almost 8 weeks and I can do lots more now. I do remember barely being able to get my shower done and crawling back in the bed. Everyone heals at different rates, so please don't compare yourself to you two friends. Did they bleed for 6 years prior to their surgeries? That is so debilitating! Take care, take it easy and I promise you will feel better and better as the days roll by.
And don't forget to pamper yourself!!
Unread 12-02-2008, 04:56 PM

Ashanti,

I had my surgery the same day as you and I have the same problem. I'm supposed to go back to work next week, but I don't know if I will be able to cope. I have trouble going out for an hour. Nothing wrong, just exhausted.

Hang in there,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2008, 05:20 PM

Thanks Jacquie - that is exactly it - nothing wrong just exhausted!
Unread 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM

Kay thank you so much for your encouragement. I am so glad to hear that 3 weeks makes such a big difference!
Unread 12-03-2008, 03:47 AM

I'm 6 weeks today and I'm having the exhaustion episodes too. It's miserable!!! Hang in there.
Unread 12-03-2008, 09:11 AM

I had the same problem. I am at 8 weeks now and things are slowly getting better. I went back to work at 6 weeks and had to come home and lay down. Now I still have some energy left when I get home. Everyday feels like a step closer to feeling better.
Hang in there, it will get better with time. Just give yourself time to heal.
Unread 12-03-2008, 10:01 AM

Ashanti:

Could you possibly be anemic between the blood you lost during surgery and then post op? I am anemic from my surgery. My doctor asked me to take Centrum (multivitamin) and Iron pills for the anemia and if I don't take it I feel exhausted. It is a big difference.

If you are sure you are not anemic you could try taking B-12 Vitamin supplements they increase your energy without any harmful effects.

Here is a link that shows symptoms of anemia caused by loss of blood, check it out and see if you have any of these symptoms I found I had a few: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_deficiency_anaemia

Good luck and hope you feel better
Toni
Unread 12-03-2008, 06:27 PM

Hello Ashanti,
I am at my 5 week mark also, and I feel the same way that you do. My doctor is running a test on me to make sure that my iron is not low. Maybe you should ask your doctor to run some blood work on you.

I will let you know what my results are.

Fatihfullyfit
Unread 12-04-2008, 12:06 AM

I am not due to go back to the doctor until next Friday. Is that too far away?

Today all I have done is slept! I feel a bit better emotionally.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Ashanti

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register