Hi, It's Me AGAIN ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi, It's Me AGAIN ! Hi, It's Me AGAIN !

Unread 07-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi, It's Me AGAIN !

HAVE A QUESTION AND i HOPING TO GET alot OF REPLIES,
Hormone creams, do they affect how slowly or how fast the hormones get into the system, I am getting conflicting answers, I know I feel different, and can not seem to find anything I can feel right on, it is either too fast, and get shaky and tensed up or like it is too slow and like the hormones are tiny amounts at a time, and get like I dont have enough ,.... Do you know what I mean...
I know we are all different, I am pretty thin,... tell me your story, if you are on cream hormones, I feel like I AM about nuts,.. tried the patch, too much estradoil,... and now pills,
but I am getting kind of the same thing with that too,
with delayed realse too slow head funny and oil too fast.
what are you using ,..... Maybe my dose is not high enough...Dr. wants me to wait on progesterone. Help..Help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi, It's Me AGAIN !

JunieK,
Not sure there is an answer for your question as everyone is different. We may each find balance on a different method of delivery. It can be a matter of trial and error. I am very thin, thus in the beginning found that my body needed more estrogen. I had to experiment and change the method of delivery to find which one was going to work the best for me. Once I settled on the creams, I still had to do alot of tweaking to find the right balance. Patience is a virtue in the Keeping a journal of your symptoms as you adjust and tweak can be very helpful.
Unread 07-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi, It's Me AGAIN !

I' ve been through Hormone Hell and feel for you. I finally went to a an OB endocrinologist ( female) , as my male surgeon didnt do a darn thing to help me. Anyway get your blood tested and see what your level is , then for thin people which I am too, I would wear the patch as you get m ore of a steady dose in my opinion,start out with a low dose and but make sure your Doc gives you a script for a higher one too, I was also told by my female ob/endo doc that you absorb more if you wear on your hip as thin people have more fat there. I tired the progesterone cream made by the Pharmacist / and the pills and it caused depression but then again everyone is different. Good Luck Tina

PS my husband is from Medina Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi, It's Me AGAIN !

see if you can find a compounding pharmacy to make up your own special formual of bio identical hormones. One size does NOT fit all! If you can read Suzanne Summers books about menopause she gives some names of compounding pharmacies around the country, also there are labs that can test either blood or saliva test and test for the levels of all your hormones, DHEA, thyroid, etc, so that the compounding pharmacy can make your cream, pills or whatever just right for you. It is not cheap, but it is personalized for you, and I think this is a good way to go, especially if you have tried OTC and presciption meds with no success. You can google "compounding pharmacy---your area" and call them, they can suggest a doctor or a lab that can help you get tested so they can make the righ t amount of hormones for you.

Good luck!
Unread 07-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi, It's Me AGAIN !

PS, I had really good luck when I found out my fibroids were out of control (estrogen sensitive) and my estradiol level was 15! I figured i had NO progesterone and so I bought a tube at the healthfood store and used it for 3 weeks, I swear I feel so much better, don't know for sure if the fibroids are smaller but they feel smaller and I am sleeping at night and feel much better over all, especially my sex drive! woo hoo! making hay while the sunshines and enjoying that drive while I can! 12 days to go until there will be none of that foolin around for 6 to 8 weeks!
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Hi, It's Me AGAIN !

Hi, I am here in Akron, not too far .
Unread 07-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi, It's Me AGAIN !

Hi, Juniek

There is a new time released pill called Enjuvia you might ask your doctor about...he/she should have samples I wold think.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register