Lupron | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Lupron

My dr suggested Lupron, any thoughts. He suggested it b/c he said I was loaded with endo everywhere and adheisions really bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Re: Lupron

Dont do it!! I too had Endo. all over my insides, my bladder was covered in it. I took the Lupron shots and they made me miserable, it did not keep me from bleeding in fact I bled more heavily and gained a ton of weight. I would ask alot of questions and do research on it since everyone is different but my experience was horrible. I hope you find an answer. Good luck to you
Unread 09-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Thank you for input, i do not need to gain more weight and feel bad all over again, With hysterectomy you still beed? I had cer/uterus taken out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM

You will spot. I had everything taken out but my overies. Im going into my 5th week. Ive had some bleeding every week but its getting better. Eventually it will go away after you heal completely. Im trying hard to get the weight off but at a stand still. I have a ton of bloating in my stomach. It seems like I bleed more when Ive over done it, its not like having a period, its more spotting than anything.
Unread 09-27-2011, 06:29 PM

what about returning to work, I am scheduled to return on Oct. 17th. but my appt is Oct 31st.
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:05 PM

I had 1 shot of Lupron every month for the 3 months before surgery to shrink my fibroids so I could have a LAVH instead of TAH. It worked, the fibroids shrink and I lost 11 pounds before surgery. I had bleeding with the first shot and no bleeding after. I did have hot flashes and a few other side effects but I am glad I was able to have a LAVH and for only 3 months it was worth it to me.
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:48 AM

I wouldnt go back to work until your doctor says its ok, I was told to stay out of work for 8 weeks, it really depends on your job. If you have to do any lifting then wait for your doctors approval, if you are at a desk job it might would be ok. Id call your doctor and ask them. You dont want to hurt yourself and make recovery longer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register