I broke down today... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I broke down today... I broke down today...

Unread 10-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I broke down today...

I just had to vaccume. It's been almost 3 weeks from the TAH. My carpets have been vaccumes once since my TAH. I just needed to get it done. Now I'm paying for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2005, 04:08 PM
I broke down today...

I vacuumed last night - 2 1/2 weeks after TAH and I am so sore! But DH was doing everything except vacuum. I was tired of wakling on a crunchy floor as well.
Unread 10-18-2005, 05:36 PM
I broke down today...

And somehow...nobody can do it quite like we can do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I broke down today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaye
And somehow...nobody can do it quite like we can do it!
You have got that right!
Unread 10-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I broke down today...

Don't do it no matter if your feeling great! Those internal stitches the one's you cant see can tear and bleed and leave you with adhesions heed the words of the sisters- even though no one does it better than you, slow down - take the time to heal, remember your the princess.
Unread 10-18-2005, 06:27 PM
I broke down today...

I did the same thing Friday (3 weeks post-op). I was doing great. Now I am so swollen and the pain is sharper than it was. My med-school daughter was stressing out so I had my husband drive me down 3 hrs so I could clean up her apartment and we went grocery shopping for her. I tried not to lift anything, but it was too much too soon. I didn't vacumm but worked steady all day. How do you feel? I had to lay around for the last three days when I should have been getting better and doing more steadily.
Unread 10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
I broke down today...

I make out a list of things that I want done for my son to do each day. The list varys depending on the day and on how busy he is. Sunday he washed the kitchen floor which hadn't been done in almost 4 weeks. I got him to vacuum a week ago this past Saturday (at about the 3 week mark) so it should hold for another week. Today it was put a box that needs to be mailed back in the car, take out the trash, and carry the laundry to the laundry room. Tomorrow he has an away soccer game so likely as not, I won't get anything done that I can't do myself ... however, I don't want to take a change of not healing correctly. I don't need to go through more surgery to refix my bladder. The thought of having to spend another 6 weeks walking on crummy floors is horrifying!
Unread 10-19-2005, 06:40 AM
I broke down today...

wear slippers so you cant feel the its and sunglasses so you cant see the bits,get a dog to eat the bits, anything just dont vaccuum!!!!!!
Unread 10-19-2005, 06:54 AM
I broke down today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica.j
wear slippers so you cant feel the its and sunglasses so you cant see the bits,get a dog to eat the bits, anything just dont vaccuum!!!!!!
ROLF!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register