7 weeks post hysterectomy: "Normal activities" hesitation/fear | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post hysterectomy: "Normal activities" hesitation/fear 7 weeks post hysterectomy: "Normal activities" hesitation/fear

Unread 06-19-2017, 08:25 AM
7 weeks post hysterectomy: "Normal activities" hesitation/fear

Hi everyone,

I'm 7 weeks post-op tomorrow, and feeling great. Had a 6 week post-op with the Dr last week, everything is healing and I've been cleared to resume most normal activities (no core yet). I've been looking forward to this! Also have been cleared for sex, once I get to 14 days spotting-free (I've had intermittent spotting here and there).

So, now that I've gotten the all-clear that I've been waiting for, I'm a tad paralyzed. I'm afraid to go back to Zumba, have sex, get on an airplane, or even have the big O. It's more of a mental thing, I realize, but I'm scared to take next steps.

What gives? Anyone else in this boat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2017, 10:53 AM
Re: "Normal activities" hesitation/fear

I am 6 weeks out and have the same fears. I have my 6-week appointment on Wednesday. I did have a little impromptu appointment with my surgeon a few weeks ago and talked to him about orgasms and he said they are fine. He just didn't want anything inserted until fully healed. But orgasms won't hurt anything. With that, my husband and I have been having outer course and I am actually having the best orgasms with no pain or anything. So, in that respect, don't be afraid of orgasms.

Interesting that your doctor said inner course is ok after 14 days with no spotting. I have had intermittent spotting here and there so was concerned about inner course when I was cleared. Was happy to read that so thank you!

Good luck and go have some fun!!
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:57 PM

We waited two additional weeks for sex because both of us were nervous! With everything else, I resumed gradually. Stay focused on what your body is telling you and adjust accordingly. When I resumed my weekly cardio class, the first 2 times were no weights, no hopping or jumping, no abs work and a slower tempo. I gradually worked back up to regular pace and hopes around weeks 10-12, but still couldn't engage my core intensely without suffering swelly belly and dull aches. When that happens, rest and take it easy the next 1-2 days, and pull back on the intensity.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2017, 08:33 PM

I just had my eight week check up on Friday and was cleared to get back to my life. I'm SO excited. I think the biggest thing is to go slow. I got back on my elliptical trainer today, and just did 15 minutes slowly. Had a lovely walk this afternoon as well, and I'm feeling pretty good tonight. Was also cleared for sex, and this has gone well. I'm a little tender inside, but no issues at all with orgasms or having pain afterwards.

Have fun getting back to your favourite things, and just listen to your body!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register