Bright red blood at 5 weeks post-op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bright red blood at 5 weeks post-op? Bright red blood at 5 weeks post-op?

Unread 12-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Bright red blood at 5 weeks post-op?

Thanks girls! You are absolutely right! I would probably clobber my best friend if she were having my symptoms and agreed to postpone the appt for that long. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon how everything goes. Again, thanks for your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2008, 09:38 PM

Hi Girls!
Well, I saw the doc this afternoon. Unfortunately, all of the bleeding I have been experiencing since my surgery and then th echange in color and flow this weekend are dur to the fact that I have a separation in my vaginal cuff along with the beginning of an infection ( So............. I will spend a portion of tomorrow (Christmas Eve) in the hospital tomorrow as an outpatient so he can go in and repair it. He says it should be a piece of cake jsut throw in a few stitches and I'll be good to go. Another couple of weeks added on to the "no sex" period. Of course, I have been afraid to have sex as it is, but now... I am really terrified! How did the cuff start to separate on it's own without sex or any other trauma? I don't know if I over did early on? I have been bleeding pretty much from the first week. He will do another post-op and internal check in a couple of weeks, until he can pretty much guarantee me that I am 100% healed there will be no hanky panky for this girl!
Wish me luck! I will post tomorrow evening or Christmas morning depending on when I feel up to it.
Thanks for all of your support just being here so I can talk openly with women in similar situations. This site rocks!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Hugs!
Unread 12-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Glad to hear that you're on the mend

Library Diva - see you listened to your body, took care of yourself and it was the right thing to do. So glad you found out what's going on and that it's being taken care of (no fun it's Christmas Eve day, better than 2 weeks from now). Stay on the mend and have a good holiday.

Tauruslady
Unread 12-24-2008, 04:36 PM

Hi Girls,
Well, I went back up to the hospital this morning and had my vaginal cuff repaired. It ended up being a little more work than he thought, but........ I hope I am sewed up tight this time! I still don't know how it separated, but, whatever, just glad to hopefully be done. I ahve to go back for a follow-up in two weeks at which point he will do another internal exam to see how all is healing. I gone to the bathroom twice and no blood yet, but I don't want to get too excited too soon. Anyway, I was put under and givine some kinds of pain med which is starting to wear off. Not in pain, but VERY tired. I think I am going to take a nap. I'll let you all know how it ehals this time.
Thanks again for the support and Happy Holidays!
Love and Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register