thick uterine lining | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

thick uterine lining thick uterine lining

Unread 08-27-2004, 01:51 PM
thick uterine lining

So, now that I am facing TAH/BOS need to know that those of you with the "abnormally thick uterine lining" after having endometrial biopsy, did they find cancer? Cancer of other sorts is in my family and am scared to death that I may have it also. What are the odds that it is uterine cancer? Please reassure me that it doesn't always mean cancer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2004, 02:07 PM
thick uterine lining

sherem57,

My uterine lining was also thick -- no cancer! There is no history in my family but I know there's always a first.

Good luck in your case.

SusieQ
Unread 08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
thick uterine lining

There are a few things - it can be a hyperplasia without it being cancer, for one thing. You can just need "a good bleed" - sorry to be too graphic and have it just be one of those things. Are you getting the TAH/BOS for that without any other diagnostics? (sorry if I am behind on the facts.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2004, 02:30 PM
thick uterine lining

Thick uterine lining was one of the reasons for my surgery. I don't ovulate regularly, so I tend to get a "build up". Then I'd bleed so bad I couldn't leave the house. My doc did a biopsy on me the week before my surgery just to make sure. He still didn't have the results when I went under, but they called him while I was in the OR. NO CANCER!!! Try not to let it worry you. I know that's easy for me to say. But just having the thick lining doesn't necessarily mean that there is cancer.
Unread 08-27-2004, 04:33 PM
thick uterine lining

sherem-my lining becomes so thick every 7 mos or so, hyperplasia, and it has been benign 2 times, very lucky I say because if it becomes atypical, then that can become cancer and I have had two scares now so out it comes, try not to worry too much, because I stayed up all night thinking about it and it was for nothing, all good...HUGS, Denna
Unread 08-27-2004, 05:54 PM
thick uterine lining

Driad,
No, that is not the only reason for TAH. I have ovarian cyst size of a cantalope. Along with the thick uterine lining. Also experiencing all the side effects....heavy bleeding/spotting/backache/constipation/bleeding after sex/a tummy that looks like I am pregnant. Also have had non-cancerous spots frozen twice, and many abnormal paps. So it is now the time. Thank you all for your reassurances....
Unread 08-27-2004, 08:11 PM
thick uterine lining

Sherm57,

I also have a thick uterine lining due to Complex Hyperlasia Atyical and will be undergoing surgery on 8/31. At first it freaked me out, but my doctor reassured me (several times) that it was NOT Cancer but a precancerous condition and that having a TAH/BSO was the only answer. So to answer your question, no it doesn't have to be cancer. Just keep the faith and know that you'll get through this with the help of your fellow sisters. We're here for each other and to give each other support. Onward and upward!

Best wishes to you. Remember, think positive thoughts and leave it all in God's hands and you'll be just fine!

Maria
Unread 08-28-2004, 04:36 PM
thick uterine lining

Sherm

I cannot even imagine lugging a canteloupe sized cyst around with me!!!

I was intrigued by your post because I have a thickened lining and nearly constant cramping/aching and am awaiting all of the follow up tests etc. before we proceed with the next step.

Everyone I know has recommended a hyst but I am still not totally sure what I should do!!! I thought maybe we were in the same position, but it turns out not!
Unread 08-29-2004, 12:15 AM
thick uterine lining

I have the same thing you do and no cancer was found but did have find a pre-cancerous polp and a hyptererctomy was strongly suggested as I could develop cancer later on as the thick lining has returned.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register