Urinary tract infections | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Urinary tract infections Urinary tract infections

Unread 05-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Urinary tract infections

I now have my second UTI and this time they put me on Cipro which is an antibotic. I have taken it for 5 days already and still have the burning. At night I have an aching in my vaginal area. I am just waiting to feel better. My lower back aches most of the time. I am going to the doctor Monday, but does anyone have any advice for the UTI? I will try anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Urinary tract infections

Hey Burnster, I thought it was just me. I have been taking Cipro since Monday night (10 doses so far) and also have the same pains and burning. I no longer void blood, but it still burns. Seeing as we are pretty much in the same situation I don't have any advice. (Sorry) The only thing I can tell you is to drink until you float! The hospital told me that it helps "flush" it out of your system. Just know that I battling this right along side of you!
Keep Smiling (I'm trying to)
Love & Prayers
Unread 05-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Urinary tract infections

Thanks for the support! It helps to know I am not alone. I am frustrated with this so far. I just want to feel better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Urinary tract infections

I was on cipro too,it did not help me. I switched to 2 rounds of a sulpher based antibiodic,long and strong,bottle said tmz. Did help alot,finally had full strong stream,oh what a relief!!
Unread 05-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Medication for UTI

I called the doctor this morning and he called in Macrobid. I was on the sulpher drug and it made me sick to my stomach. My body just doesn't like the sulpher. I am going in the doctor's office in the morning so they can check my urine. If it gets in the kidneys he said I will have more problems but as long as I don't have a fever and chills it isn't in the kidneys. I just want to stop hurting and feel better
Unread 05-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Urinary tract infections

I think I'm in the same boat. I got on here to see how comon UTI's were after the surgery (TVH on the 10th) and it loks like that is the most likely thing. Dr called me in Marcrobid since my only symptom was some blood in the urine and I spent the evening throwing up. I stopped taking it. I know - stupid. Anyway here it is Sunday and I don't want to call today since I will just be told to call the office and come in the morning. Bleh.

I keep hopeing it's not from the bladder (I pushed myself too hard the otherday), but I think I am just going to have to deal with this...

Good luck!!
Unread 05-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Urinary tract infections

I am in the same boat have a uti from the cathter from surgery. I know how you feel. I hope you guys feel better soon.

Unread 05-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Urinary tract infections

I started having the signs of a UTI and started taking my cranberry capsules again, eating cranberries and drinking cranberry juice. Symptoms have gone away for now, but I will not stop with the dehydrated cranberry pills until I am at least 3 months post-op.

Know you guys are really suffering. Wish you a quick recovery. Maybe the cranberries would help a little.
Unread 05-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Urinary tract infections

BB I am glad the cranberries helped you . I unfourtnely can't have anything with cranberries in them it sets off my ic.
Unread 05-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Urinary tract infections

Burnster,
I thought it was only me. My tah/bso/apperndectomy/exploritory op was 4/3 and I am still in pain. Was on Cipro, now on Levaquin and so far it is doing nothing. I drink almost a gallon of water a day and nothing seems to help. I have pain all the way up inside to my belly button. I am calling my primary in the AM to see if I can go the a urologist. This is almost six weeks. I tought at first I was suppost to feel like this because of the surgury but when I went to the surgin who did the app. she said it sounds like a bacterial infection and it sure was. I had another repeat Tues. and my primary said it is bad. I went back to work last week part time on Mon. for 6 hours a day and I come home and pass out. I slept until 3 pm yesterday and then I had to take my mom to see my dad in the hospital. I just hope this is going to end soon it is maddening
pattpatt

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register