Vaginal Itching and Burning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Itching and Burning Vaginal Itching and Burning

Unread 12-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Vaginal Itching and Burning

I am 3 weeks post op today. I am being treated for a vaginal yeast infection. I have itching and burning. The medicine helps relieve the itching somewhat. I also am using a lidocain ointment for numbing the itching and burning, but it doesn't seem to help much either. I do not have any unusual discharge at all. I am starting to think that this is not a yeast infection. Any other ideas or similar experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Re: Vaginal Itching and Burning

Hi! I've had many many yeast infections, and I rarely had the 'cottage cheese like discharge' . My symtoms always were burning, an uncomfortable weird feeling, bladder pressure, frequent urination. To help with the burning I used vagisil or cortisone ointment - that always helped me. I also bought this vaginal wash - Yeast Gard - you cand get it at drugstores. Its a homeopathic wash. AZO yeast pills worked well for me - I took 3 a day, and then when the infection seemed to be getting better, cut it back to 1 every day for a few weeks afterwards. Also, eat yogurt. Hope you feel better soon - yeast infections are no fun!! Take Care. HUGS!
Unread 12-17-2010, 12:27 PM

Hi, could it be vaginitis? the symptoms can be similar to thrush/yeast infection but there is no discharge at all and is treated with antibiotics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2010, 02:02 PM

MelzieJune: I am on monistat 7 and have used it for 2 nights and has not made a difference. Also, Clomitrazole (sp?). I am just about at my wits end with this nasty itching and buring.

DevaDiva: I think I am going to have to call the gyn on Monday and tell him for the 5th time it is not working. I am so frustrated!!
Unread 12-17-2010, 02:06 PM

A couple months ago I had a yeast infection without the discharge diagnosed with pelvic exam. I thought it was UTI painful urination cramps sore down there etc. They gave me a pill to take once and got rid of it. They said it works quicker than the ointments!
Unread 12-17-2010, 04:25 PM

Me again....yeast can be REALLY hard to get rid of, and 2 days of monistat might not be enough (yet) unfortunately. Also - monistat can be very irritating - I always thought it aggravated the burning feeling and made it worse - it really irritated me. So I'm thinking its really got to be irritating you post surgery. At my worst, I needed two rounds of 7 day treatments, and Difuclan, and I cut sugar out completely for a few days. I also used to take baths in vinegar - yuck - !! But the vinegar seemed to soothe the itchy/burning - I would definitely check with your dr before trying that though - baths are off limits after hysterectomy. Definitely call the dr Monday if you aren't feeling any relief by then. Good luck to you!!!
Unread 12-22-2010, 09:43 PM

Turns out it was bacterial vaginosis. I am on a vaginal antibiotic and some steriod cream and everything seems to be going away. Thank you all for your input!
Unread 12-22-2010, 10:32 PM

i had the same burning and itching with smelly discharge. i took and at home yeast infection test and it was normal. i also bought the yeast guard wash and achidopholis pearls i've been great since i started taking these a few days ago. oh and the gas is much better too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register