Severe Burning Pain esp. with bending - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe Burning Pain esp. with bending Severe Burning Pain esp. with bending

Unread 09-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Severe Burning Pain esp. with bending

I have gotten so many great responses....thanks sisters! I too am happy that I am not the only one but at the same time I am sorry you all are hurting too. I hope it goes away soon...I am not liking it very much..LOL!
Robyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 10:26 PM

I had that pain and it was horrible. My surgeon sent me for physical therapy 6 weeks post op and it was the best thing I ever did. When I started therapy, I had to hold my stomach just to walk. I couldn't bend and getting up from a sitting position was almost impossible. It hurt to wear pants. The pain was terrible and the burning was unbearable. At first I thought, I will never be able to do therapy and I can tell you it really hurt the first couple of weeks, but the pain and the burning began to subside and today, 4 months after my surgery, I can honestly say it's almost gone. I do my exercises faithfully and I go to therapy 2 times a week. I walk everyday which really helps. At first I could barely make it to the corner, now I can do 2 miles. Please ask for physical therapy, it will make a world of difference in your recovery and physical endurance.

I wish you all the best.
Unread 09-16-2007, 07:31 AM

What exactly did the dr say was the problem? Thanks for the advice.
Robyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2007, 08:26 AM
The burning...UGH!

I know that burning feeling all too well. We met right in the recovery room. My burning is on the right side, too. The burning poker stab has not left me. No, I'm not doing too much. I have taken this journey slow and haven't "over done it". It's there even when I am resting, bending and even walking (through my house). Seems worse when I have to pee or have a bm. I remember screaming out in pain in the hospital and hurting so bad I accidently bit my daughter when she was trying to help me back in the bed. The pain was like nothing I have ever experience. Yes, it has calmed down some, but no where to being comfortable yet. It's good to know others have experience the same thing...not that it's anything fun to share, but just knowing I'm not alone. Gosh, I hope it does go away for all of us...SOON!!!! I had TAH...kept left ovary only. Wonder if it is related to having the right ovary removed...the healing where the ovary was. You think? My left side is fine. Does anyone relate? Did you have both ovaries removed? Does it get worse when you have to pee or have a bm? What about right after you eat and your tummy is full? Does it get worse then, too? Like, there's not enough of room in there and the burning starts up again? Keep me posted. Good luck! -lilojane
Unread 09-16-2007, 08:41 AM

I didn't get the burning until after about week 3. The pain had always been on the right side only it felt very deep, like where my appendix was. I had that removed b/c the dr said it looked awful. My right ovary was removed years ago during my 20's b/c of a huge cyst, so I don't think that is the problem for me. I did have everything that was left removed and the only pain is right beside my belly button on the right. I do not notice any increase with pain if I need to use the bathroom. I do always have a constant burn/throbbing even at rest...it's tolerable but when I bend...WHAM, it a huge burn, stab pain. It stops me cold. I do have some pains after I eat but I can't be sure if that is related b/c I had some really strange GI symptoms before my surgery which all led to my TAH. So the GI thing could just be residual from before. One of the sisters suggested using a heating pad...works nicely, but no cure. I too feel like I have not over done it, I can't do much and I'm back on the couch or bed to rest for the pain to calm down. I have no endurance b/c of all the resting I have done. Keep me posted too.
Robyn
Unread 09-16-2007, 06:06 PM

Hey Lilo Jane & Robyn,
TAH & R ovary7th Sept Was aware of severe burning pain throught the fog of morphine right after op.
I also was wondering if the burning pain had something to do with the removal of the ovary I also had my appendix out for GI pain in june (there was nothing wrong with it) and the pain continued after the op but was not the same as this pain after this op.
My pain is worse b4 a BM or need to pee
Someone suggested it could be where the small intestine meets the large intestine? what that has to do with any thing I really dont know?
I would really like to know what it is just for piece of mind. Iknow its not an infection I had one after the appendix op and that was way worse than this. also I dont have a fever. but surely you dont feel pain for no reason. Unless ofcourse it is nerves that have been cut I think that can cause merry hell!?!
If anyone has been given an ansewer on this we would all love to know!
Love & Hugs Holly
Unread 09-16-2007, 06:25 PM

I had a LSH 1.5 weeks agoand am in the same boat. When I bend, sneeze or cough I feel like someone stabbed me with a hot knife. But mine happens to be in the same spot where a old Lap. scar is. It happerns to be 2 inches to the left of the belly button. I was afraid I tore old scar tissue or something. I have been walking a little everyday but I do not feel like I have really overdone it. I have to go back to work in 2 weeks so this better end soon. Should I call the Dr tomarrow????
Unread 09-16-2007, 06:30 PM

I wish I could tell you what you should do...b/c it sure seems like it would be HOT info, no pun intended. I just keep thinking it's a separation and I expect to feel a bulge of intestines. That's the last thing I need is a hernia. My stomach also feels bloated. If you call your doc tomorrow...give me an update.
Robyn
Unread 09-16-2007, 06:37 PM

Holly,
I am so sorry you had to have 2 surgeries so close together. I had so many strange GI things going on at first and through all the testing lesions were discovered on my cervix. That is basically how I ended up with my surgery. Thankfully, no cancer but I also believe the GI issues continued to get worse until someone finally found what I believe would have been an awful diagnosis in the future.
Fortunately, or not....it sounds like this pain we are all having may be normal or at least not abnormal. However, I wish it would go away. I know when I'm all alone and thinking about it, I never think of it as being "normal".
Keep me updated.
Robyn
Unread 09-16-2007, 10:02 PM

rmoor28

The Dr said that it was a combination of muscle weakness and nerve damage, most likely from the instruments that were used to keep the abdomin open during the surgery.

My physical therapist has worked with me to strenghthen the abdominal muscles, and the hip flexors. We have just started to add core strengthening to the workout.

I am very fortunate to have had a surgeon who speacializes in pelvic pain. He listened to me and had the forsight to get me the help I needed. The other alternative was a nerve block, but he recommended that I give the physical therapy a try first and do the nerve block only as a last resort. I am so glad that I followed his advice and did the physical therapy.

The physical therapist I see also specializes in pelvic pain and does a lot of work with women who have had hysterctomies. She is remarkable!

It has been a long recovery. The hardest part for me was that I could not pick up my grandson or even stand to have him sit on my lap. Today, I took him for a long walk in his buggy, picked him up and held him in my arms and even "waltzed" around the room for a minute before putting him down for a nap. I cried because 2 months ago I never thought I would ever be able to do that again. Life is good and keeps getting better.

Best wishes to all who are suffering with this pain, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register