thanks, another one | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

thanks, another one thanks, another one

Unread 10-05-2004, 09:01 AM
thanks, another one

Thank you all for the replies on my "where is the ovary" question. Now I have another for you. Before my surgery, my husband asked me,"If they take out your cervix and uterus, where am I going to end up?" He was obviously referring to intercourse. I just laughed him off, telling him not to worry, he wouldn't get lost. I understand that they sew up the end of the vagina, amking the cuff. Does this mean that my husband is going to come to a 'dead end'? Don't mean to get so personal, I guess I'm just feeling better and starting to think about the technical aspects of this surgery.

Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2004, 09:13 AM
thanks, another one

Its ok Kelly, my husband made some reference to the 'Black hole'!! I am guessing he will end up where he used to, except the cervix would hang down a little further....So basically yes, he will hit a dead end, but no different than the dead end he used to hit!!

Hugs
Kat
Unread 10-05-2004, 09:15 AM
thanks, another one

I love your thinking!

I actually aked my Dr. this question...much to my DH chagrin!! My DH actually understands all this better than me! He appreciates it if I ask him....he found it embarrassing that I asked the Dr.! He'll get over it! I should just keep my mouth shut and not admit to DH what questions I ask and to whom I ask them!!!!!!!!!1

Look at your forfinger and thumb...if you make your pointer finger even with the end of your thumb...VOILA! That is how my dr described my "new" vagina! That is the new "playground"! And I've been assured on the sight and by the DH that it feels no different for him! In fact...it may be better! I think my DH used to be knocking on the cervix...or maybe it was my tonsils...but anyway it wasn't always comfortable! Now....very nice! The vagina is a pretty thick muscle...but seems to have plenty of flexibilty

No worries! IT's all good AFTER that top has healed and the okay is given by the good Dr.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2004, 10:58 AM
thanks, another one

Thanks personality+, did the thumb and forefinger thing.....that works for me!!! Can't wait for my husband to get home so I can show him. I guess it's easy to tell that I'm at the half-way mark in my 6 week post-op period. I'm feeling much better, getting bored and my mind is thinking about everything. I am very anxious to try my new and improved part out.....don't worry, I WILL wait for the doc to give me the ok.

Thanks again,
Kelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register