Premarin question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Premarin question Premarin question

Unread 10-11-2002, 01:28 PM
Premarin question

Hi ladies,

I am one week post op and doing good for the most part. I am very nauseated as of yesterday and can't enjoy anthing. DOes Premarin have a tendency to cause nausea? I started taking it on Oct 6th. Is the patch perhaps a better way to go? I could sure use some help with this. I talked to the doc and he said I could lower my dose from 1.25mg to half that. I am afraid of doing that for fear I will get some nasty flashes, etc. However, I can't take this nausea much longer.

THanks girls.

Jodi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2002, 02:44 PM
Premarin question

Jodi,
I have heard of some women experiencing nausea from premarin. Have you tried taking with some food or milk? Or perhaps change the time of day you take it?

If that doesn't work you could ask your about trying a patch. Perhaps he might even have some samples.

Unread 10-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Premarin question

JODI..I JUST WANTED TO SUGGEST CUTTING THE PILL IN HALF...TAKE HALF IN THE MORNING AN HALF AT NIGHT AN BE SURE YOU TAKE IT WITH FOOD OR MILK...NAUSEA CAN BE ONE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS OF ORAL HRT. I STARTED OUT ON PREMRIN BUT IM NOW ON THE PATCH....TAKE CARE TINA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Hi Jodi!

My doctor started me on the 6.25 dose of Premarin. It did not make me feel sick at all. Put when I started to feel some of the hot flashes kicking in several months later, I asked for the higher dose. And it did upset my tummy. I tried it with food, milk, ect. I just waited the sick feeling out as the 6.25 had worked so well. Once I got used to the higher dose, all was fine for me.. Maybe if your doctor started you out on the lower dose you will not have these tummy problems.

I recently took myself off of Premarin and I got that sick feeling all over again. My doctor said I should of went to the lower dose and then slowly weaned myself off of that. But when I do something, I sure make it good!

I hope that maybe a lower dose will work for you.

Take care,

Michelle
Unread 10-11-2002, 04:57 PM
Premarin question

Premarin can cause nausea in some women. I take .625 and don't have any problems with it. But here's a link if you want to check out side effects and other aspects of Premarin:

http://www.buildingbetterhealth.com/...ablet+0.625+mg

Best of luck to you!
Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 10-11-2002, 07:33 PM
Premarin question

thanks ladies, I knew I could count of y'all. I am going to try the 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in teh evening. Maybe that will help. If still no relief and the symptoms don't subside, Iwill call the doc and see about the patch.

Jodi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register