Not Scheduled Severe Cervical Dyplasia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe Cervical Dyplasia Severe Cervical Dyplasia

Unread 11-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Severe Cervical Dyplasia

I am 29 years old with 2 small children, ages 8 and 3. I have been dealing with severe cervical dysplasia for the past 9 years. I have had numerous colpos (so many I have lost count), 2 LEEPS and 2 CKC's. My last LEEP was done on November 1 and came back with positve margins for moderate dysplasia and my doctor wanted to perform another CKC( which would have been my 3rd). At this point in my life I asked the my doctor about the option for a hysterectomy. And she told me that they could do the CKC and be more aggressive with it this time because I had no desire to have anymore children. But I am to the point were I feel nothing has worked in the past nine years and I do not want to wait and possibly develop cancer while having these procedures every 6 months.

This has been a very emotional journay for me. I was told that I would never have kids, seeing that I had a LEEP and a CKC before the birth of my daughter in 2002. But I was blessed with a healthy girl and only delievered 4 days before my due date. After she was born I had another CKC and was told once again that I would probably never get pregnant and if I did I probably not be able to carry the baby due to my incomptant cervix. But thankfully I got pregant again in 2006 and my son was born in 2007 at 37 weeks. At that point I decided to get my tubes tied because I could not emotional chance getting pregnant again.

I made the decision to have the hysterectomy because I have very little cervix left and I have grown tired of the procedures and the healing and emotional process of the waiting and not knowing if this will be the test that shows cancer.

I have an appointment with my doctor on December 13 to discuss methods and to schedule my surgery for early January. I will keep all informed. Any comments are welcome! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Re: Severe Cervical Dyplasia

I too have had cervical dysplasia for the last 5 years, due to an autoimune disease (psoriatic arthritis) causing cervisitis. Abnormal Pap smears every 6 months, with colposcopies thrown in here and there to rule out cancer. I had a LEEP in October and it came back high grade pre-cancerous. My Gyn and I had already agreed that enough was enough and had scheduled a hysterectomy for December 7. The lab report came back from the LEEP a couple of days later and proved that we had made a good call. The constant worry about cancer for 5 years was finally just too much. I can only imagine what you have been feeling for 9 years. Hang in there
Unread 11-19-2010, 01:28 PM

I know how you feel I am 27 and will be having a complete hysterectomy with ovaries removed in Dec due to severe cervical dysplasia..I am done worrying about cancer an I have already been blessed with two healthy kids..So I am ready for surgery! GL to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2010, 04:41 PM

It sounds as though you are very ready for this surgery. I fought for a number of years (from age 23 to age 37) and finally conceded that a hysterectomy was the best answer. It was emotionally difficult to go through the surgery for me, but it was really great to know that my chances of developing cancer were significantly reduced.

I kept my ovaries and have felt very normal throughout the last 10 years.

I would encourage you to continue to have PAP's annually. While most women never have another problem, some of us have had some recurrent issues and as with everything, if you find it early it's really easy to treat. No one likes having that annual PAP, but it's a few minutes that are very worthwhile to your healthy future!

Good luck!

Unread 11-20-2010, 05:32 AM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I feel that I have made the right decision. It has been a long journey to get here, but I believe it is for the best. My husband is very supportative of this decision, in which I did discuss with him, he just wants me to be healthy. And that means alot to have a supportative mate. I also suffer from anemia and have been severely anemic for a long time. So this surgery will help improve alot of things. I'm just anxious to get my surgery date on the 13th. Will keep everyone posted. And good luck to hippiechick1963 and kentucky2 on your upcoming surgeries, I wish you ladies the best!
Unread 11-21-2010, 07:34 PM

Yes, my Gyn told me that I will continue to need annual exams to keep on top of possible ovarian or vaginal cancer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register