TAH abdominal incision still leaking, 6 weeks post op?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

abdominal incision still leaking, 6 weeks post op?? abdominal incision still leaking, 6 weeks post op??

Unread 11-27-2011, 04:30 PM
abdominal incision still leaking, 6 weeks post op??

I have been on antibiotics twice since my surgery. The first time for heavy leaking in my large abdominal incision. This time it is leaking only a tablespoon of liquid every few hours.

My question is this, I am almost six weeks post op and my incision still has open holes in it, only on one side, that is where the leaking is coming from.

Please help, have you had this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Re: abdominal incision still leaking, 6 weeks post op??

I have a hole in my incision to I go to the wound care center on Mondays, and home health nurse Wednesday, and Fridays. All they told me so far is that because if diabetic and overweight my body didn't heal before my stiches desolved. My wound is really deep 9.7 cm and climbing no of the doctors seemed so laid back its my home health nurse that seems concerned. I going in tomorrow to ask more questions if you have any I will ask them for you to. Let me know. Your leaky sister. Carolyn
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:56 PM

Hi leaky sister I went for my six week checkup yesterday. There is a definite large knot above my incision Dr opened my incision a little to help it drain more She said if it isn't better in two weeks I would have to go to a wound care center I don't have insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2011, 05:57 PM

I am nearly seven weeks and had some leakage on the right side of the incision this week.
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:41 PM

Sorry to hear you dont have insurance right now between wound care center and the home health nurse they are looking at it three times a week. The whole experience is scarely exspecially when it seems there is not end. Diloretta you really should have that looked at before it bust open all the way. My incision near leaked it busted with no warning now im looking at 2 to 3 months of healing.
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:11 PM

hello i had surgery 11/8 i was fine u sorta feel cut in half but its for the Greater Good i hv 3 holes leaking if that leakage Dont come out it can cause bacteria and pus and the Big one infection! we woman just dont want to take the time to heal we have fat and tissues we shouid knw we just had a major surgery called a HysterectomY we must rest, relax and sleep

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register