I feel so so lonely...... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel so so lonely...... I feel so so lonely......

Unread 05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Re: I feel so so lonely......

I am so sorry ladies if I made the last post seem against u all. I reread my post and seen that all the advice was wonderful and very very helpful and had to see the BF for the person he is and not the person I want to change him into in just three weeks time!

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Right now you're on a rollercoaster of emotions, fears, worries, concerns and "what if's". Its normal. My DH isn't terribly emotionally supportive either, but he's surprised me this time around. I did sit down and discuss what I expected from him and what I was afraid he wouldn't do, and what he would have to do no matter what. I think that helped.

Another sister had a similar issue with her DH and one of the other sisters here suggested that she tell his mom. Good to see you already did that!

Sometimes we don't always feel so positive about our partners because of their shortcomings. Its okay. We're not perfect either. Being perfect is a burden I really don't want! Vent if you need to; it helps and we're not only here for you, many of us have gone through similar things. The DBF might not get it, but we do!
Unread 05-06-2010, 10:10 PM

I am going through the exact same thing. My boyfriend actually asked me today if I could postpone surgery because he knows I will go into leave without pay and that effects him because he is unemployed. He gets unemployment but I pay the majority of everything. I was appalled. We have a three year old extremely hyper and rough three year old. So I am concerned about how that's all supposed to work out. I also have a nine year old son who will be a big help but will be at camp two of the four weeks I will be off work, as well as with his dad. I feel completely alone. What its worse is that all my friends and family are really close and not one person has offered any help, not for me, with the kids. So upsetting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2010, 07:43 AM

I am a single mom. I have a disabled child. And my family has pretty much been having fits that I am scheduled to stay overnight. Why can't i come home that day. Sigh.... So i understand unsupportive family. I have a ton of things to do, get ready etc, before surgery, and will be babysitting a 4th kid (my 3+1) on monday. I love the little guy and his momma. He's 3 months old.

My bff is taking me.

Teri
Unread 05-07-2010, 10:35 AM

You need a hug! (((((Hugs))))) I am sorry about this. You should be on top of the world right now because we live in a time where we have these options if they are needed. Is this a good surgery for you? was it unexpected and not wanted? I dont know how I would be taking it if my DH was not supportive. He was the one that actually told me to have it done. He didnt want to sit by and watch me in pain each and every month. If I could fly there for you I would in a min. I know that I dont know you, but I dont care we are all Sisters, not just Hyster Sisters but Sisters period. I think that everyone here is with you, and will be with you in spirit. So as you lay on that table waiting to fall asleep please think of us, thinking of you. I hope that things will get better for you in the next couple of weeks. Please keep in touch with us!
Unread 05-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyInUtah View Post
You need a hug! (((((Hugs))))) I am sorry about this. You should be on top of the world right now because we live in a time where we have these options if they are needed. Is this a good surgery for you? was it unexpected and not wanted? I dont know how I would be taking it if my DH was not supportive. He was the one that actually told me to have it done. He didnt want to sit by and watch me in pain each and every month. If I could fly there for you I would in a min. I know that I dont know you, but I dont care we are all Sisters, not just Hyster Sisters but Sisters period. I think that everyone here is with you, and will be with you in spirit. So as you lay on that table waiting to fall asleep please think of us, thinking of you. I hope that things will get better for you in the next couple of weeks. Please keep in touch with us!
No, this isn't unexpected. For about two years I was feeling tired, and small amount of pain. Then I got even more tired and the pain was out of control in the beginning of this year. Sad thing is I hate going to the doctor, he was the one who made me go because one day I just couldn't walk when we were out shopping.
I will think of all you ladies and the fact that my pain will be gone.....finally!
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:03 AM

Oh good, I was not sure of your situation, but if you were prepared, at least that is out of the way. I had not gone to the Dr. either for 5 years and things just started getting weirder and weirder. alot of Clotts, Urinating out of the blue, painful periods and really really tired. I am glad that I was a candidate for this, I am really excited to get back to a normal life! I am also excited about not peeing my pants when I laugh! wahoo!!! They are fixing my bladder too while they are in there. I laughed (and peed) and asked if they could suck out some fat while they were there too....I guess it was funnier for me! Have a great week! we are all with you in spirit!
Unread 05-10-2010, 08:14 PM

I wish I could be near you to help you. I am having my surgery in 6 days so I know how you must be worried. I am a grandmother so I am past the age of having to worry about my children but might I just suggest that you not worry about your son. He will be with his dad so he will be in good hands. And I think you will be surprised at just how much your son will be able to help you at home. He can fetch things for you. I do wish you would call on your church for some help. Just having someone come by and check on you or bring you a meal will not only be a blessing but "boyfriend" just might suddenly realize that you are in need and buck up. I will be thinking of you and sending you my prayers.
Unread 05-11-2010, 01:42 PM

Sweetie, I to wish I could be there for you, but like all the ladies we are in diffrent cities or states, we are all there for you in thought and prayer talk to your church and I am sure you can get help there, be strong.
Unread 05-11-2010, 02:50 PM

I do thank each and everyone of you for all your input! I will be giving you all an update on my visit next week SO SO excited to be having this done and not feeling any of this pain ever again.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register