Going to the castle 12/3 OMG !!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going to the castle 12/3 OMG !!!! Going to the castle 12/3 OMG !!!!

Unread 12-01-2001, 01:52 PM
Going to the castle 12/3 OMG !!!!

I can't concentrate, I am wondering from room to room , I can't believe how scatterbrained I feel . I have alot more anxiety than I realized. I have 10 projects started and haven't finished one of them. Joni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2001, 02:10 PM
hi

HI-IM GOING IN FOR MY LAVH/OVARY REMOVAL DEC 3RD ALSO- I DONT HAVE ANY XMAS SHOPPING DONE, THE HOUSE IS A MESS AND I DONT HAVE A CARE IN THE WORLD. IM REALLY RELAXED ABOUT THE WHOLE THING-IM PASSING SOME OF MY CALMNESS YOUR WAY. HOW BOUT IF YOU TRY TAKING A BATH OR DOING SOMETHING RELAXING?? IM IN ALOT OF PAIN ALL THE TIME SO WHEN YOU CANT DO MUCH I GUESS ITS EASY TO RELAX-THE HUBBY WORKS WEEKENDS-THE KIDS ARE TAKING GOOD CARE OF ME. IM GLAD YOU POSTED JUST TO VENT. GOOD LUCK ON MONDAY!!
Unread 12-01-2001, 02:43 PM

Hi Joni!!
Those are all so normal feelings to have. And I think its just our way of reacting to wanting to get in and get out and get on the road to recovery.
Try not to worry too much. The important things are to have your room ready and comfortable for when you get home, whether thats the bedroom or the living room or whereever you plan to spend the majority of your days. Having some meals made up ahead of time and frozen would also be great.

Do you have help for when you get home Joni? If so, you will be able to just relax and let them do the day to day things that have to be done, and if you are going to be on your own, then things will have to wait awhile.

I can relate completely. I am a great pacer when I worry and I can remember not wanting to sit still, yet at the same time I didn't seem to be accomplishing much, and was just wandering around the house.

Your 10 projects will all be there waiting when you get back home, so unless they are related to your castle visit, don't put so much pressure on yourself to complete them.

I hope some of Shannons calmness does indeed get passed on to you. I think the bath is a great way to relax as well!

All the best Joni, and you as well Shannon. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers!!
Hugs
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2001, 03:03 PM
Joni

Hang in there Hun you are almost there!!!! Don't stress over what has not been done and if youhave started heaps of things and finished none of them Hey welcome to normallity!!!
Use this last bit of time if you can to TRY and unwind, you will do fine. what I did those last few days was sit in the chat room for hours it seemed. Come on in Hun it is a place where you will get heaps of support, the occasionl brownie and laughter, there your mind will be refreshed. So we await your arrival in chat.
The very best of wishes for your trip to the castle and hey waiting is the worst. On to a better new you>
Hugs and Hugs Vicki
Unread 12-01-2001, 03:55 PM

Hi Joni,
Perhaps you might enjoy getting out of the house Sunday, somewhere away from crowds and germs--a walk in a park, a ride in the country, etc. It may help you relax and stop thinking about all of the unfinished tasks. Jan
Unread 12-01-2001, 06:33 PM
good luck

Joni

Just wanted to say good luck! What a wonderful Christmas present. : To finally be pain free is unbelievable!

Best of luck and Happy Holidays.
Unread 12-01-2001, 08:36 PM

Hiya Joni!

I can truly relate. I was anything but focused when I was where you are now. I had to laugh at the wandering from room to room and just being in la la land for the most part. I just wanted it to get here and be over with! I had about 15 'lists' laying around everywhere (15 because I'd make a list then forget where I put it!) - I was coming unglued for sure.

Try to think about what it's going to be like when you are home from the castle, a princess , getting pampered by your DH, resting and relaxing, taking it easy, and not having to worry about anything but your smooth recovery.

Don't worry about what you pack and what you think you've forgotten. If you're like me you won't be awake long enough in the hospital to miss anything; besides, DH can bring anything you might need once you're there.

I'm cheering for ya Joni!

Your day will be here before ya know it! I look forward to hearing from you!
Unread 12-01-2001, 09:38 PM

If you can't get out and have fun, as Jan suggested, is there one all-consuming task you can tackle?

I didn't have to be at the castle until 2 p.m., so I spent the whole morning furiously cleaning the horse pen, dumping it in the garden, and rototilling the whole mess ('cause I wouldn't be able to do the rototilling for maybe 2 months after my hyst). There wasn't time to fret or pace.

Go for getting out, if you can, but if you can't, maybe knock off one of your projects that's hanging over your head. Have a friend come help you (and keep you focused) if you can.

Hang in there, you'll be sporting your lovely crown before you know it.

p.s. While you still can, drink everything you can get ahold of. That last bit where you can't eat or drink goes a little more easily if you are at least well hydrated going into it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register