9 Days to go...omg!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 Days to go...omg!!! 9 Days to go...omg!!!

Unread 06-11-2005, 10:21 AM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Okay back from Florida. Aunt Flo visited for the last time at Disneyworld of course,what a wonderful family to excuse me to the bathroom every 20mins, and it rained every day we were there. I'm a walking bundle of nerves. I have not had this much energy in years.Problem is I can't seem to channel it. I start something then get sidetracked and go to something else. So I'm not really accomplishing much. I hate the idea of people coming to visit after surgery and my house being a mess. Kind of makes me feel like saying just leave me alone for a couple of weeks. How awful is that. I have been feeling very selfish here lately and thats not like me. Still fighting with the insurance company about the breast reduction. I went ahead and put it on my credit card so I could get both done on the same day. Whoever mentioned bring your own pillow thank you!! I forgot when I had the kids how much I hated the plastic pillow. Where do you get the tummy pillows? I know it is very repetive but if someone could give the must needs at the hospital again I would so appreciate it I haven't packed my bag yet, actually I don't have a bag yet.
sorry this ran long its my nerves and this is the only place I feel like I can let go. Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2005, 11:18 AM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

OMG we share the same day of surgery, I had to count on my fingers how many days I have to go, YIKES !!! We will become Princesses on the same day. And we will have to compare notes on recovery. So far I am calm, I went Princess shopping after my pre-op.

Robe and slippers
bag to hold:
chapstick
toothbrush/paste
mouthwash
deodorant
hand lotion
hand sanitizer
shampoo/conditioner
note book for asking questions so they can answer if I am sleeping
Gas X - still have to ask doctor about that
mints
gum
peppermint tea
hair brush
My Pillow
I have Milk of Magesia for at home, and stool softeners , I am also looking for the tea that was recommended.....I believe it is called Smooth Move. Can you see what my major worry is....lol, I fear going to the bathroom for the first time. We are down to the final count, but it almost a welcomed relief...Our next worry will be recovering, and that won't be a worry, we have to Try Our Hardest to Enjoy Being Pampered...LOL

Hugs and Prayers,
Kathleen
Unread 06-11-2005, 11:47 AM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Best Wishes, Courtnmeg2 Irish Kathleen!

I felt the same way, Courtnmeg2! Didn't want anyone visiting me in the hospital nor at home...just wanted to recover in peace and not have to "entertain" anyone. A lot of people cannot understand that, but I say, "tough". It's my decision and my body, and I don't think that's being selfish at all! Some people like to be pampered by others and be the center of attention, I don't. Having my DH and kids are enough. Didn't even want my sister or mother to come over the first few weeks, just wanted to rest. Everyone feels differently on this topic because everyone is different!

Did you have the smoked turkey legs at Disneyworld? I thought that was great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2005, 11:56 AM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Kathleen,
Hi, I'm also ready to get it over with, the waiting is so hard. I'm also from IL a little town called Bunker Hill near Alton. Thank you for the list I just went ahead and printed it I always forget when I am out. I actually already bought gas X and a stool softener. I am also very worried about the first time going to the bathroom. I remember now reading about the smooth move tea I want to try and find that also. I can't wait til this is all over with. big
Talk to ya soon. Deb
Unread 06-11-2005, 12:00 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Sunshine50,
Thank You! I have always been that way. When I get hurt I just want everyone to just leave me alone. It always makes me feel bad though. My my died of breast cancer and I am an only child so it is mainly my friends who offer and I just don't feel comfortable with that. My oldest is 12 and will be able to do alot and I put in for my husband to take 2 weeks family leave so I think I've got it covered. I just hope I don't hurt anyones feelings!
Big Hugs. Deb
Unread 06-11-2005, 12:03 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Sunshine50.
Oh ya, I forgot yes we did have the turkey legs, those things are huge. One leg made for a whole family snack. Lol Deb
Unread 06-11-2005, 12:21 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

My date is 6/20 too! I don't know if I'm going to make it tho - - I'm a basket case !! My dear family is ready to ship me off today. I am expecting one last visit from Aunt Flo this week and PMS is raging and has never been worse. My son is leaving for basketball camp tomorrow morning for four days, and we have done nothing but argue all day!!...I keep thinking what if something happens to him on his trip...or what if something happens to me during surgery...yada, yada, yada. I have nothing purchased nor packed for my trip to the castle and can't even think about it. I'm on the verge of tears.... HELP !!
Unread 06-11-2005, 12:45 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

DianaK,
Make amends with your son first. It will just make you feel better. I had a fight with my youngest the other night and my dh left with her for her softball game. When I came in later on the answering machine she was in tears saying please come to my game. So I drove 85miles and Hour (don't usually do that) to get to her game and there she sat in the dugout in tears. We are going through such a hard time and it is hard for our loved ones to know what to do or what to say. You can probably get what you need for the castle in one trip. Hang in there this will all be a memory in less than 2 weeks. We will all be sharing our castle stories and how our wonderful recoveries are going. Sending you a big hug. Deb
Unread 06-11-2005, 03:56 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Hello courtnmeg2!
I am scheduled for the 6/20 too! I can relate to the problem of trying to do too much but not really finishing anything. I am having this problem at work and at home. I feel like I am completely scatter brained and that is not like me at all! Today I am working on getting the house clean and getting the laundry caught up (no fun).
I'm sorry that it rained every day that you were here in Florida at the Mouse House, June tends to be that way down here but it has seemed even worse than usual this last few weeks. I don't live very far from DisneyWorld and we love to go there. It is my favorite place in the world.
I have family who live in Brighton, IL. I think that is very close to where you are. See how much we have in common! I will be keeping you in my prayers as we both prepare for our surgery. All we have to do now is get through this terrible waiting.
Unread 06-11-2005, 11:35 PM
9 Days to go...omg!!!

Hi,
My new date is the 20th! I hope it sticks this time. I also had to stop and think...9...days!!! It is nice to know that no matter what we are going through someone else is going through the same thing or similar to it. Today I did some grocery shopping to stock up. My dh is wonderful but he is kitchen illiterate so I bought a lot of food that he could easily fix by just asking me and then doing it himself. A few days before hand I will buy some more to last at least for the first two weeks after recovery.
Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register