5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure 5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure

Unread 08-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Re: 5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure

I too am almost 5 weeks & still have pain & pressure. I get an occasional twinge but mostly groin & vaginal pain & pressure. I seem to get pain deep inside my vagina, not sure if its my cuff healing. Also get pain that feels like menstrual cramps but hoping its my 1 ovary waking up! I still take @ least 1 pain killer a day & Aleve all day. I figure I am still healing & don't wanna call dr cuz I have 3 times already, I tend to overreact I think! My hubby makes fun of me cuz I talk about calling dr @ least once a day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Re: 5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure

It is totally normal what you are going through. Please read the below article from this website. It's so important you don't over do it as you don't want to cause any tears. Definitely call your doctor anytime you have any concerns as that is what they are there for. I just wanted to reassure you that 5 weeks is way too early to start doing your normal routine. Take care of yourself!

What kind of complications are associated with the laparoscopic hysterectomy?

Whether or not you have an abdominal incision with visible staples or stitches, with any type of hysterectomy you will have many (possibly hundreds of) internal stitches. It is this internal healing that can take anywhere from six months to a year to be complete.

If you strain yourself too soon, one of the most catastrophic things that can happen is that you can tear some of your stitches. This can result in bleeding, possibly even hemorrhaging. In a few cases this has required emergency surgery and blood transfusions.

The trouble is, some of the damage you might do can cause long term results, which are not possible to detect while you are doing it. When your tissues are healing they are very sensitive to being pulled and squeezed.

Scar tissue wants to form wherever there are internal incisions, and if there is even a tiny amount of bleeding inside it can cause areas to 'stick' together, with the result that bridges of scar tissue can form between organs or tissues that should not normally be connected.

During weeks 3–4, your incisions may be itchy and perhaps give you strange sensations ranging from numbness to tingles. Your swelly belly may be bothersome as well, looking fine in the morning but feeling achy and swollen by the evening.

HysterSisters who had LSH have reported these post-op concerns:
Mini periods that were not "mini"
Development of dysplasia in cervix that required cervix removal
Nicked bowel during surgery
Nicked bladder during surgery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register