Bowel Prep Tip - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel Prep Tip Bowel Prep Tip

Unread 03-26-2004, 01:17 AM
Bowel Prep Tip

Opaque, you are too funny! When I did prep for my colonoscopy several years ago (I didn't have to do any for my hyst), I wished I had a TV in the bathroom. I recommend, take a book (a magazine isn't enough) and I kept a lit, scented candle burning. It's not fun when you don't want to be in the room!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2004, 02:39 AM
Bowel Prep Tip

I had to go out and buy my first enima, I was so embarest! I never thought that that would hapen. EEWWWWWWWW!!!
I in no way shap or form want to do this think, it suckes!
The towelets are a good idea. I always have boxes of them laying around, you never know when the kids may need one.
My " last meal "was pizza I hope that was not a mistake.
Unread 03-26-2004, 05:25 AM
Good Morning

Good morning Ladies. Hope everyone slept well.

First let me ease your mind opaque, Sprite is a clear liquid. any liquid you can see through is considered clear liquid.

Today I will venture out and go shopping for the dreaded enema. Since I live in a very small town, I have considered driving 45 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart where NO ONE knows me. LOL.. But after sleeping on it, I think I can talk to my pharmacist about this. At first I was appalled of the idea of drinking anything with a horrid taste. but the idea of an enema made my taste buds go into overdrive. lol.. Guess with all of todays technology, I was hoping enemas had been outdated.. LOL..

Opaque and Co you are both going in the day before I do.. I wish you well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2004, 06:04 AM
Bowel Prep Tip

On a lighter note, a long time ago, my doc told me a story about a rather simple guy for whom he had prescribed a Feet enema as a prep. The guy came back and told him that he drank it, but nothing happened..........ALWAYS read the directions! :-)

While I dread the whole prep thing, it beats having to be in ICU with peritonitis if something is accidentally sliced. And I'm hoping that clearing everything out might make it a bit easier to pee, as that tends to get a bit iffy with constipation.

Today is the last work day before surgery and there is no possible way I can get everything done. I'm self employed and have been working evenings and weekends for 6 weeks, and am still not caught up. I go from looking forward to actually having a chance to rest, even under these circumstances, to anxiety attacks. Ain't life grand?

Prayers to everybody.
NanMc
Unread 03-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Bowel Prep Tip

i am staring at my enema box in my bathroom. the mag citrate is chillling in the fridge. i hope it willd esenstize me!
Unread 03-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Bowel Prep Tip

THIS thread is a MUST READ for TOO MANY REASONS - LOL IF ever I need to ***relax** with humor this is the place - but now, seriously

AM I LIVING IN DENIAL????? I am so impressed with you all that have gone and gotten YOUR STUFF.... My surgery is monday and I HAVE YET TO BUT ANYTHING!!! UGGGHHHHH!!!! OK I have begun to rock - and chant - I can shop I can shop I can shop
Unread 03-26-2004, 09:23 AM
Shopping trip is over

Well I have done it!!!! I went to the pharmacy and purchased the all too popular Fleet Enema. Yes Co you are in denial. LOL If surgery is Monday, you will have to go to Wal mart on a busy shopping day and have ALL those people there watching you buy your enema. LOL.. Luckely for me the Pharmacy just opened so NO ONE was there. I think the pharmacist thought I was a bit off my rocker.. I think I am too now. LOL... Venture out into the world today Co and buy your much needed enema. We Sisters are behind you all the way!!!!

DH and I discussed our "game" plan last night. Since I have to be at the castle @ 5:45 a.m. and we live 2 hours from the castle, we will be staying in a hotel the night before. I will have my enema there. Thank goodness, no mess to clean up at home.. lol..
Unread 03-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Re: Shopping trip is over

Quote:
[i]We Sisters are behind you all the way!!!!.. lol.. [/b]
ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BE **BEHIND** ME ALL THE WAY ???lol
I am sorry but I just had to go there.....

UPDATE: I have showered and gotten dress - I will go shop now - I will send up date later
Unread 03-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Bowel Prep Tip

OOOPS... ok.. we stand beside you... LOL..
Unread 03-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Bowel Prep Tip

I don't get it, after reading this post, I called my DR's office because no one metioned anything about a bowel prep to me. They told me that the DR only orders this on some of her patience. I wonder why, I'm not complaining but it seems that it would make things easier.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register