PLease Help No Sex Drive - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PLease Help No Sex Drive PLease Help No Sex Drive

Unread 09-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Re: PLease Help No Sex Drive

I was in the same boat and was desperate. Had my levels checked and I had NO testosterone in my system. Tried a couple of different testosterone applications and found the magic pill. The creams did nothing but the "gummy bear" troches that I dissolve under my tongue have worked wonders. Also, I use Vagifem vaginally and that has improved the lubrication. Keep trying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Hi All,

I am in the same boat as many of you. No sex drive at all. I wonder if the reason is because for so long, sex was about trying to have a baby. That was the main purpose for me. Now, after the TAH, that is no longer an option so I don't feel there is any purpose for sex. Now I know that is not normal and logicaly I know it is a part of being human and alive but emotionally, it is how I feel. My marriage will be next. My DH has been so patient with me but that can't go on forever...

Just venting really. What a tough thing we are all going through!
Unread 09-19-2011, 01:10 AM

When I was younger, I never tried to have a child. Actually, I didn't want any because the fear of labor was so intense that even though I love children, I just wasn't going to have any. And I didn't. But I still had a sex drive. Then I had my TAH, and my sex drive was good for a while, but now it's dead. When my fiancee' even mentions it, I cringe. It's just not something I care a thing about anymore, and like everyone else, it's all due to having no hormones. I'm 49 and sad to say but if it causes my relationship to break up, there is just nothing I can do. I just can't force myself to do something I don't desire anymore. My drs. told me before the surgery that I would be as good as new, but they never had this procedure done, so obviously they didn't know what they were talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 04:48 AM

When I tell my doctor the way I feel, no sex drive at all, he replies that that has nothing to do with the surgery because I keept my ovaries. He has made me feel like if I am making things up in my head to the point of taking anti depressing pills.
Unread 09-24-2011, 12:48 PM

I want to suggest something that may help. My husband & I tried this & it helped stimulate things. We rented an Xrated movie! It worked. Sometimes you have to look outside the box. (figure of speech)
Unread 10-08-2011, 09:40 PM

Hello ladies... I have not posted in quite some time, but wanted to join in as I too, share in the same boat as all of you. I am 4 years post-op, and have absolutely NO drive whatsoever!! My libido totally plummeted to the floor after my complete, total hysterectomy. I have no ovaries, no uterus, no cervix... and no sex. :-( I tried HRT for one year, then I quit them.

My husband has been amazingly patient with me, but I fear at times that his patience is going to wear thin, and I ask myself time & time again if I am prepared for the outcome, if I do not try harder in finding a resolution to this problem.

We will just keep working on it and see where it leads. I wish all of you the best. We are in this thing together and none of us are alone. :-)
Unread 11-01-2011, 09:47 AM

Like the rest of you, my sex drive has plummeted. I don't understand why there's nothing out there that really works. It makes me sad for myself and the millions of other women who suffer. I'm tired of crying about it. I'm tired of saying "I'm sorry" to my soon-to-be husband. I'm tired of it being this black cloud over my head. Yes, the previous pain I had prior to the hysterectomy is gone. And I'm thankful for that. But the emotional pail I feel now... not sure if it was worth it.
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:43 AM

I haven't posted in a long time but feel the need When I had my total Hysterectomy in 11/11 my hormones were so screwed up I would have physically hurt someone at some point if I didn't have the hysterectomy. Tried everything, progesterone, birth control pills, supplements... I was evil personified, mainly to my husband and sons. Had the hysterectomy and have not had one more bout of that. Healed up fairly easily. Now I have no sex drive whatsoever...none..if I was a man I would be impotent. When I give in and have sex with my husband so he is satisfied I can orgasm, no problem. I just have no DESIRE at all. It is terrible, if he would just do it and then go to sleep that would be fine for me. I find myself getting aggravated when he wants foreplay..ugh..I am on premarin and that keeps me from being weepy. I'm almost afraid to go on testosterone because I hear it breaks your face out and makes hair grow in places it shouldn't. I had enough of that when my hormones were screwed up. When my husband bugs me about sex I have told him, "look, I had my lady parts ripped out so that I could get along with you, what more do you want from me?" I guess that's sometimes the way I feel. Has anyone figured out that instead of it being them, it's the relationship or the person you are with that is keeping the sex drive down?
Unread 08-25-2012, 12:34 AM

I totally understand too..I did notice soy products did help a little, and I am also on testosterone losenges that disolve under tounge...I haven't noticed any side effects?...I totally hate being what I call flatline...no ups no downs it is weird!! It is nice not having pain every month...But feeling like a part of my brain was removed during surgery stinks too! I'm thinking of trying Bio Identical horemones?
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterincalgary View Post
I was in the same boat and was desperate. Had my levels checked and I had NO testosterone in my system. Tried a couple of different testosterone applications and found the magic pill. The creams did nothing but the "gummy bear" troches that I dissolve under my tongue have worked wonders. Also, I use Vagifem vaginally and that has improved the lubrication. Keep trying.
What is the magic pill?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register