bad mood!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-07-2004, 04:25 PM
bad mood!!!!

you know the closer all this gets and the tireder i get the worse mood i get in!!!!!!lol I am so scared my healing time will not match some of my friends..... I was a church this morning for a preschool meeting and one of the ladies had had a tah.... said she was back feeling great in a week or two. I thought wow that is not what i have heard from other ladies.... she kinda coped an attitude like you can do it if you want to.... i am so tired now... i can not even think about how tired i am going to be after this.

d.t. tired
Dawnya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2004, 06:15 PM
bad mood!!!!

That is total bull for her to cop an attitude like that! Great for her if she felt fine after a week or two. Lucky for her she didn't have complications or she wouldn't be singing the same old tune. There are so many different variables involved in this surgery and recovery. Please don't expect to be feeling like normal after a week. Don't put that pressure on yourself, and shame on her for doing that. I don't believe that you can "push" yourself into healing, that can be dangerous, just ask our sister Geneva who just posted earlier today "Over did it and paying for it". (on post-op page)

I also was very tired before surgery, but I didn't expect my recovery to make me feel this tired. And believe me, just a little bit of work around the house really tires me out and give it a little time and you will feel it in your belly too!

Maybe there is a big difference in recovery between abdominal and vaginal. I had TAH so my experience may be different, but I still believe in a long recovery period.

I don't know what your friend is out to prove, but just don't let her pressure you into the "Superwoman" syndrome.

Take care, and spoil yourself for awhile, you deserve it!
Unread 02-07-2004, 09:04 PM
bad mood!!!!

Wow. That's great that she was ready to move at one week.

Let me tell you something--WHO CARES????? Tell everyone that it will take six weeks. Then take six weeks!! Tonight I sit here at three weeks, exhausted because I actually kept up my house and had a semi active day with family. My heating pad is waiting.

There's lots of things you can do if you want to. Healing is not something you can control, though. Try not to compare yourself-you'll drive yourself sick. For example, the other day I read a post from a sister who had her surgery near my date. ( I am three weeks post) She's walking five miles now. Yep, five miles. I can walk about four blocks. Huffing and Puffing. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2004, 09:01 AM
bad mood!!!!

Thanks ladies!!!!! I had such a bad day yesterday!!! I had zillion things to do and I think that just topped it off. Ya''ll are just great! I knew I could count on some support here.

Dawnya
Unread 02-08-2004, 09:23 AM
bad mood!!!!

How I agree with everyone. It's great to read and gather info from this site but one thing we shouldn't do is compare ourselves with others.

We all heal differently and are able to do things at different times. While one is still dog tired at 3 weeks, another may be doing cartwheels. And that's fine.

Don't let others tell you how you should feel, how you will heal, etc. Just let your body be your guide...if you're tired - take a nap, if you feel like exercise - take a walk. But don't feel pressured to keep up with someone else.

You have to be in charge of you....don't let them bully you or make you feel less of a person because it takes you longer to get your strength back.

Stay strong and ignore them.
Blessings,
Unread 02-08-2004, 09:41 AM
bad mood

You are your own woman, with all of your uniqueness that makes you who you are. Your recovery will be the same way. She might be giving you some line of hoo haa anyway. You have no standards to live up to. I am thinking about the same things because have always been so healthy and recover so quickly. I hate the idea of appearing "weak". But you know what?...this is major stuff and we owe it to ourselves to take very good care of our bodies and minds and souls through all of this, and that includes taking it slow with no pre-conceived schedule. Just the thought of needing more surgery (have friends like this) because we over did it and screwed something up is enough to keep me in-line. Again, this site is so great because there are only people here that are caring and supportive...not those with their own agenda! When I really get down in the dumps I repeat this mantra...(Daytona is coming, Daytona is coming)
Leslie
Unread 02-08-2004, 10:04 AM
bad mood!!!!

Well that was not a very supportive attitude to share with you!! I also suffered with extreme fatigue prior to my surgery and was known to utter a few times to my friends and co-workers that I was sick of talking about my upcoming surgery. I just wanted the time to pass quickly without a daily check in with everyone I met regarding my current pain experience. "Bad mood" was my middle name!
When I read your post I almost laughed at your church lady and thought........I wonder if she gets a trophy for healing so "quickly"? I am 3 1/2 weeks post op and believe me when I say the worst part is waiting to go in for surgery. Once I arrived at the hospital I turned everything over to the people who knew what they were doing (and they did). Back at home rest, rest and more rest so you can get back to life healed properly.
God bless and I will be thinking of you on the day of your surgery.

Hugs Susan
Unread 02-08-2004, 11:11 AM
bad mood!!!!

Thanks Susan, your post was exactly what I needed to hear. My date is Wednesday and it can't get here soon enough. I have been so fatigued the last 2 months and can't wait for the new part of my life to begin.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register