confused about recocery process | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

confused about recocery process confused about recocery process

Unread 03-16-2010, 02:53 AM
confused about recocery process

Hi everyone its 3 weeks after surgery and still not sure. I've had some bleeding,infection, cramping, dizziness, and constipation but my doctor has been awesome and were doing well. When eill i feel normal again is this common on what i'm going through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Re: confused about recocery process

I had surgery the same day. Have had some of the same problems. Still have some the bleeding/discharge and I have horrible mood swings at times. This is normal. It all comes and goes and everyone heals at their own pace. I am still not able to drive yet because of the tenderness in the stomach area, hopefully by this weekend my doctor will let me drive. I know sometimes I feel I will never be normal again but each day it is different. I konw it is confusing but you are doing good especially if doc is aware of what is giong on. Just keep taking it slow and taking it day by day. We can get through this together.
Unread 03-16-2010, 05:42 AM

First wanted to say, it does get better, promise. For me, the wks you all are at, were my worst. It's the wks were you start to feel better or wanting to do more, but still can't. I think everything you all are going through is pretty normal, just more bothersome than anything. About a mth and half out is when I started to feel better, it's takes patience, that's for sure. It will get better, just rest and take it easy, heal, and enjoy your mini break from the hustle and bustle of normal life. Trust me, it will be back in no time. Many hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2010, 06:03 AM

I am now 7 days in from a VH. I understand from my doctor that everything you are saying will happen in varying levels for the next 8 to 10 weeks. I think it is awesome that you are keeping your doctor informed. Communication is key to getting through this crazy thing that is happening to you! One thing I have learned from this experience is don't stop communicating to whoever is around you! I finally "pooped" yesterday...and quite a few people heard my awesome news and celebrated with me. And if I am crying...I find someone to cry to...even if it is my dog. Feeling shut in is the worst feeling...you sometimes feel like you are in a cage...especially the driving part. I'm hoping things look up for you in the coming weeks. Take care.
Unread 03-16-2010, 06:33 AM

Slow and steady wins the race! Our bodies have been through a huge shock and it will take us alot of time to fully recuperate. Some days are easier than others. Even when we look healed on the outside, there's major healing going on inside. We need to be patient and not overdo it. At least we are past those scared to death weeks leading up to our surgeries. Remember how nervous and anxious we were then?? We are making progress, alot of progress, even tho some days it doesn't seem like we are. Take care!
Unread 03-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Thank you all for your support its nice to know i'm not alone.Simstarheelady please stay in touch as were at the same stage of healing. Ive got the okay to drive but a little scared. I do have to say i do have good days and i do have not so good days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register