Poo probs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Poo probs

I done a small poo the day I got outta hospital,day3, now day6 it is sore to even pass wind.

I have been on stool softeners twice a day since the op.

Oh dear the joys, I remember reading this pre op!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Re: Poo probs

I drank over 100 ounces of water daily for those first 6 weeks. It really helps keep things moving! Hope you find relief soon!
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:54 AM

At this point you might want to call your doc and ask if you can take a bit of gentle laxative like Miralax or Milk of Magnesia. Getting things moving will help you feel a whole lot better. My secret was dried prunes. At first, I could barely stand them, but they did the trick. I even learned to like them I hope you get relief soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2013, 04:04 AM

thank you ladies. Got on to the dr and was given a laxative. Fingers crossed!!!
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:11 AM

Hey bailie1,

My doctor also recommended I have apple juice with one of my meals and fresh pears daily. They seemed to work for me along with a bit of walking to get the bowels moving and plenty of water. Dried figs and 'Metamucil' also seemed to do the trick for me. So it's a bit of trial and error to see what works for you the best once that laxative kicks in, just to keep you regular in the future.

Good luck princess and hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:25 AM

Oh the 'JOYS' huh? Sorry you have been having trouble 'going' but glad you saw your doc about it. idk if he/she mentioned it, but Benefiber works wonders.....AND has NO TASTE/TEXTURE. You can put it in drinks, or even food. It really helps me(and my 3 yr old) and is very safe/gentle. I do hope everything get to 'moving' better....let us know how it all comes out. lol
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:39 AM

one tablespoon of flax mixed with yogurt works wonders
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:09 AM

Try half a sachet of movilcol or laxido (think they are the same thing) mixed with a big glass of water to start with each day. Its not very much but worked for me, I did the prunes and walking too, it all helps, it might hurt a bit, but when its all moving, that should stop. X
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:17 AM

thanks ladies for all the advise, its macrogol that the doc gave me. no joy so far, Well a wee rabbit poo that felt like I was giving birth ouch!!!! hopefully if I keep on top of meds water and orange I will be regular again soon xxxx
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:22 AM

Oh yes Bailie, just like labour. My daughter knocked on bathroom door and asked if I was ok the first few times after surgery in June. X

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register