How is Adenomyosis diagnosed? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How is Adenomyosis diagnosed? How is Adenomyosis diagnosed?

Unread 07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
How is Adenomyosis diagnosed?

Cindy,
Here are a couple good articles on adenomyosis:

http://www.endometriosistreatment.or...enomyosis.html

http://www.centerforendo.com/articles/adenomyosis.htm

I hope that helps,
Jonquil
LSH for adeno, 38 yrs. old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2006, 05:45 PM

Comment: My Doctor told me that Adenomyosis is more common in Ladies that had C-sections.

Has anyone else heard that?
Unread 07-12-2006, 06:30 AM

They say that Adenomyosis is seen more commonly in women who have had children, c-section or not,tubes tied,or any other procedure that would cause trama to the uterus and allow the endrometrium to seed itself in the uterus. Adenomyosis in a nutshell is seen in women 30-40's, it is when endrometrium grows inside the WALL of the uterus instead of the lining. The endrometrium grows between the muscles and acts simular to Edrometriosis (found in women 20-30)in the way that the sluffing off of the blood sometimes is hindered and create blood to be caught and cause pain. Adenomyosis can cause excess bleeding since some of the sluffing off does make it into the uterus, it can also cause pain. Usually pain associated with Adenomyosis can be treated with an IUD that gives off progesterone. Excessive bleeding is usually treated with the removal of the uterus. I had both Adenomyosis and Edrometriosis, neither found till Uterus was removed due to excessive bleeding. Been having extremely painful periods since my early 20's. My pain problem came to a head in my early 40's, they could not check for Edrometriosis since I had prior adominal surgeries and were afraid of encountering scar tissue when going through the belly button with the scope to look. At 48 I have begun to hemorage, I had an ablation to ease the bleeding but it did nothing. I had my uterus removed surgically on the 28th of June. This should do the trick since the uterus was diseased w/adenomyosis. I am hoping that the edrometeriosis they found behind the uterus could have been the reason for my lower back pain, we will see.
dmgbp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:06 PM

thank you the article was very informative.

41 w/adendomyosis
Unread 03-08-2009, 01:54 PM

My doctor found adenomyosis 6 years ago when he repaired my uterine prolapse and tied my tubes. He told me I would need a hyster in about 5 yrs. and that was like I said 6 yrs ago. Well, times up!! I have an appointment Monday morning to find out what he wants to do. I just want the pain to stop, so I'm all for having a hyster. I don't want any other procedures because from what I read they only offer temporary relief, then the pain and other symptoms comes back.
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:57 PM

Went to the doctor today and he decided to go ahead and do a LAVH scheduled for 3/27/09! YAHHH!!!!
Unread 03-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Pain

Yeah, kick the pain. I know what you are feeling. it will not go away. I go Fri. to schedual and vag. ultra sound. Did you ever get bloated?
Unread 03-11-2009, 12:37 PM

I stay bloated. My tummy looks like I am 9 months pregnant! People ask me all the time "When are you due?" I'm like, ummm I'm not pregnant, just bloated. I am excited to have the surgery. I can't wait for it to be over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register