Is anyone else too nervous and scared to have sex? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is anyone else too nervous and scared to have sex? Is anyone else too nervous and scared to have sex?

Unread 04-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Re: Is anyone else too nervous and scared to have sex?

Even if I get the all clear at 6 wks I told my husband we will wait until 12-16 weeks to ensure complete healing. All I had to do was mention the possibility of th cuff opening up and he was in complete agreement, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM

Having decided today to give it a bit longer before trying penetrative sex again, one thing led to another this evening and we ended up doing it! Woohoo! I felt a lot more relaxed this time (possibly helped by a large glass of wine! LOL). DH was still afraid of hurting me and was holding back, he's still frightened to ejaculate inside me but I know after a few more times we're going to be fine. It was good to discover that I could still orgasm during penetrative sex without my uterus and cervix as I'd read that it can be a problem for some women after a hysterectomy. We'd had a lot of outer sex and so I knew I still could from that.

I feel so relieved, others had said on here it will get better and although it's very early days, only our 2nd time, it feels like we're over the first hurdle. i've been so scared of it hurting but luckily I've had no pain at all and no spotting, so far so good

Hope this helps anyone who feels like I did yesterday!
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN96 View Post
Even if I get the all clear at 6 wks I told my husband we will wait until 12-16 weeks to ensure complete healing. All I had to do was mention the possibility of th cuff opening up and he was in complete agreement, lol.
I have told my hubby the same thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
All I had to do was mention the possibility of the cuff opening up and he was in complete agreement, lol.
So did I LOL, we'd discussed it and said that even if I got cleared at the 5 week appointment we'd wait until 8 weeks minimum. I'd read a lot of horror stories about women who hadn't waited and relayed every single one of the to DH!!! Maybe I was a bit too graphic because the poor man is petrified.

Have to say though, he's been totally fantastic, I haven't felt pressured at all, if anything he still thought it best to wait. I managed to persuaded him otherwise!!
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:22 AM

Terrified. Now it is even more complicated that I didn't get the opportunity; I'm still awaiting the all-clear from my surgeon...and now we are getting divorced. So maybe never, ever again?
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:48 PM

My husband and I had sex last night. I am 3 days from being at my 6 wk point. It was ok because I was very nervous. My husband chose not to go very deep in order to make me more comfortable and I think he was nervous also. I am excited that my sex drive isn't gone and I hope to enjoy sex soon as much as I did before. Ladies, just go easy and as my husband said that I am in the driver seat for now because he wants me to be comfortable and that I know how much I can take.
Unread 04-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Wow you are brave! Have you already had your internal? I haven't and don't know if my stitches are still there or not.
Unread 04-08-2011, 06:20 PM

My doctor told me that my stitches would be healed enough at this point that sex is okay. He told me that I wasn't at a risk for infection or the cuff opening up but just like anything else to start out easy and gradually build up to what your used to. The key is to go easy and don't try full penetration at first. Best wishes, Ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register