belly size post-op compared to pre-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

belly size post-op compared to pre-op? belly size post-op compared to pre-op?

Unread 05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
belly size post-op compared to pre-op?

Hi sisters
I am scheduled for TAH "plus" in 4 days. I have been on anti-inflammatory drugs but had to go off them for the surgery. The doctors say my uterus is the size of a 5 month pregnancy plus there is another large mass outside the uterus about the size of a 1 cup measuring cup. They think it is a dead fibroid. Now, since stopping the drugs, my belly size has increased 4 inches in 2 days. It has been as large as 9 inches bigger in the past before I started taking the anti inflammatories every day. I am guessing what sizes to have on hand post op to wear for clothes, swelly belly band or underwear because I have no idea what to expect for what size my belly might be. There's a lot being removed but I also have a history of swelling, plus will lose my exercise routine for awhile. Any idea, ladies, whether your belly went up or down in size or stayed approximately the same? Any rules of thumb for predicting?
Bless you for helping,
Tiara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2005, 09:15 PM
belly size post-op compared to pre-op?

Hi Tiara,

I had a 'huge' uterus before my hysterectomy. After my surgery my belly swells up at least one size. I bought some loose fitting dresses and have mostly worn them since my surgery, some times I wear a cute cotton jacket with them. I did wear a pair of shorts (elastic waist band and a size larger than normal) the last two days...they've been fine in the morning but are tight by early evening. You may not swell as much as I do, but I do see that many (not all) princesses do swell a good bit.

I bought two pair of panties two sizes larger than normal. They are working for now. To be honest, I go without panties unless I'm going out somewhere. At first I use the mesh panties given to me at the hospital to hold pads and dressings because of drainage. I then used plastic lined cotton pads placed under me when I was lying down or sitting in a chair. I don't need them now....it's kind of nice to not worry with the panties...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register