new to board and operation aug 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new to board and operation aug 4 new to board and operation aug 4

Unread 07-09-2006, 06:31 PM
new to board and operation aug 4

I am 3 weeks shy of 30 and have had problems since 15 yrs old. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis, tilted uterus and cystic ovaries.(all currently) I have had been through all the treatments besides the pre-menopaus meds which i decline to take due to side effects. I thought if i have to take that i might as well have the surgery. They are taking out all my female organs. I am not sure what to expect post-surgery but have learned alot off this sight. What will i do to keep from boredum. I am a antsy person and can't sit still for long doing nothing. Anyone have some good ideas? Think I am doing the right thing. I have severe back pain and pelvic pain that sometimes i can't even move around without crying. I hope this helps that!! Any replies will be greatful. Any preop info that will help will be helpful also. Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2006, 06:50 PM

Hi Blaket1776, welcome to HysterSisters a wonderful site full of excellent information and caring people. I see we share a state!! I'm from the western end, near Pittsburgh. There are lots of things you can do to pass the time, but at first you'll be tired and need to rest. I bought a couple books that would take forever for me to get to when working. I've finished two of them, and have a couple more to go. For pre-op nerves, try to keep busy, it helps. Recovery is usually slow, but steady. It takes time to get back up to your pre-op energy level. I've found that even after only three weeks, I feel better now than I did before surgery!
Unread 07-09-2006, 06:51 PM

Glad you found us! As far as, "are you doing the right thing" that is your choice just listen to your body, and do what feels right for you. It depends on what type of hyster you have as to what to expect afterward. And to keep busy most of us read, do puzzles, and watch tv. Again glad you found us and know that we are here for you. Read as much as you can and ask all the questions you want. I wish I would of found this site before I had my hyster it would of made life easier, but I am just glad I found it.
Jaclyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2006, 07:29 PM

So glad you found this site!! You will find some wonderful ladie's here and alot of information.
Unread 07-10-2006, 04:50 PM

You know the hardest part of having a hyst? Pre op it's the waiting, post op it's the laying around doing nothing because you aren't allowed to do anything!

For the first two weeks I was climbing the walls I was so bored. I couldn't concentrate long enough to read or watch a movie. On my fifth day I did something stupid and cleaned the bathtub. I paid the price for two days after. I had to stay in bed with a heating pad and resume my pain meds.

So, what I am saying is that you will probably be bored the first couple of weeks, bear with it. The last thing you want to do is extend your recovery time!

I am starting my fourth week and have no regrets. I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck to you!

Unread 07-10-2006, 06:45 PM

agree, agree, and totally agree.
Pre op waiting is the worst...
post op boredem comes a close second. I do feel fantastic, and I had the same probs you do. i did get to keep one of my ovaries. I can tell a difference evern now.

I just finished two very huge books. Caught oup on movies and tv shows I didn't have time for before surgery. I am very bored...but I am sooo happy. I know that soon I will be back up and running. Each day I feel better.
Take a deep breath, we are here for you..no question too silly and no such thing as grossing us out.
Welcome aboard!
Unread 07-11-2006, 06:28 AM
thank you thank you

I wanted to say thanks for the replies and the thought of it will get better hopefully when the ops over. 15 yrs of severe pain is enough I am just glad to get the ovaries and uterus out. (not sure they are taking cervix but thats the next question to doc)(thanks to this site I have learned soooo much)

Thank you
Unread 07-11-2006, 12:17 PM

The only things I did were watch tv and some new movies that were out
I played cards and some playstation games. I was lucky in the fact that I had my kids to entertain me and help me around the house. I am going crazy but am trying to deal with it. I am now 5 weeks out and have my 6 week check-up on the 17th, cant wait to go out and pick all the weeds in my flower garden. Just remember to take it easy .
Unread 07-11-2006, 12:28 PM

Hey Blaket1776... My surgery is scheculed for August 9th, so we are fairly close... I'm right there with ya on the not sure what to expect and the nerves being on edge... I think we all are/were a bundle of nerves before surgery... that's what's so wonderful about this site, you can talk to so many beautiful people who have experienced the same things you have so they're all so understanding and have some outstanding advise... Keep the faith sweetie, we're all here for you and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers come August 4th.
Unread 07-11-2006, 05:25 PM

keep me updated when u have yours so i know how u do also. i have been thru so many laporoscopies that i am not as nervous as some but the last surgery i contracted b strep in my blood and it almost killed me. that is where my nervousness is. I just keep thinking the lord will be there for me and will help me thru things. gl luck with your surgery and hope/pray all is well when done for u and everyone else going into surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register