Week 4 Post Op - Nausea | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Week 4 Post Op - Nausea Week 4 Post Op - Nausea

Unread 07-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Week 4 Post Op - Nausea

I am going into week for of my post-op recovery and so far have been doing pretty good considering that I had more done than just the hyst. I also had a hernia and posterior repair done. I did have an abscess at my 2 week check and finished my antibiotics 2 days ago. Things this weekend were good and no more discharge from abscess. Now this morning I have been having lots of nausea which I have not had since the day after surgery.
Has anyone else had this? I have been able to eat, pass gas and have BMs so I know it's not that. Don't know if I'm just getting a virus or if there is something else to worry about.

I don't like feeling like this. I was hoping to go to visit my co-workers at a staff meeting this evening but not sure if I should go and I really miss them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Re: Week 4 Post Op - Nausea

I had some nausea about that same time. I believe when I posted, others jumped in and said yes, they were also experiencing it. Mine ended after about a week.

If it gets bothersome or you are uncomfotable about it or it lasts too many days, contact your doctor. Listen to your instincts, if it raises fears then check it out.
Unread 07-31-2012, 02:09 PM

Same as what Garden said. Seems to be a common thing, but also second what Garden said about listening to your instincts. The nausea I had was a passing thing and barely just there. Only had it a couple of times and only for a few minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2012, 02:14 PM

I am going through the same thing. SAH June 27th. I asked my Dr. and she said she didn't know what was up. She ran some tests and everything came back clear. I am going on about day 3. Hope someone knows whats up.
Unread 07-31-2012, 02:21 PM

Mine was very vague and short lived, just enough to get my attention and then it was gone.

Some one mentioned it could be our hormones figuring things out? Sounds about right to me but if anyone knows for sure.....
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM

Thanks for your posts. I slept for a few hours and did call the doctors office. They were not very helpful. It's not so bad that it is debilitating, it's just an annoying feeling. Hopefully it will be short lived and due to hormones figuring things out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register