I am home with my crown! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am home with my crown! I am home with my crown!

Unread 07-17-2004, 08:47 AM
I am home with my crown!

Well all , I am home. I went in on Wed. morning and came home Fri. around 11:30 am. I am not as sore as I thought I'd be and the fear of post op pain was my biggest.I am taking only a few percoset( like2) per day and Advil the rest of the time if I need it. I regret I had no funny things happen to me in the castle but I did have good care. My nurses urged me to walk the halls but I knew when I could and did. They urged but did not demand it at that time.My biggest problem now seems to be back pain from laying around for 2 days solid. So to fix that I do my little walks and sit up for as long as I can stand.My DH is sleeping in the same bed as me and he didn't think he was gonna be able to so more good news on the home front.I have only been home for 24 hours but so far he has taken good care of me. We'll see if the trend continues.He does go back to work on MOn but i can do more than I thought I was gonna be able to so it seems ok. M<y son is a help too and I know not to lift anything or do anything stupid.WE are gonna have a bedside cooler of drinks and such when DH returns to work and I will continue my short walks and rest like a good princess should.I also have good news for those worried about having your period when you enter the castle...I went in bleeding and came out not..WWHHOOHHOO!!! It was like a miracle to me that it could be that easy to fix.I totally appreciate the things this site has taught me and I was over perpared for the adventure of my life. Now onto healing well!! I will post more as i am able to sit longer and see straighter off the percosets !! LOL
Tonya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2004, 08:52 AM
I am home with my crown!

Yay! 'Glad to hear that all went well and that you are OK!
Unread 07-17-2004, 09:07 AM
I am home with my crown!

So glad to hear you're doing GREAT! Don't forget and overdue. It's so easy to do.

Deanna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2004, 11:06 AM
I am home with my crown!

Glad your doing so great! Sounds incouraging to me!
Take Care!
Hugs
Unread 07-17-2004, 01:41 PM
I am home with my crown!

Glad to know you are home and well! It sounds oh so encouraging. Hope your recovery is pleasant and quick. And please don't overdo anything!!! Take care of you new self!!!

Susan
Unread 07-17-2004, 01:49 PM
I am home with my crown!

Welcome Home! Sounds like you are off to a good start. May you have a "walk in the park" recovery like mine! Hugs!
Unread 07-17-2004, 02:40 PM
I am home with my crown!

Hi Tonya,

Welcome home! You must be so happy to have your surgery behind you and be on the road to recovery. Good luck with your recovery, take care of yourself.
Unread 07-17-2004, 04:10 PM
I am home with my crown!

I am also from Central Pa-- actually had my TAH / BSO at lancaster general on 6/28/04. Take the walks, rest and drink water. The worst things for me are the gas cramps! Ouch!! The recovery hasn't been as bad as I originally thought. I can drive now, sleep on my side, and I get to go back to work (1/2 days on 7/26/04! You will know it when you over do it - so take it easy!!
Unread 07-17-2004, 04:17 PM
I am home with my crown!

Welcome home! Glad to hear that all is well and it sounds like your family members are fantastic. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register