New to site and preparing for surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to site and preparing for surgery New to site and preparing for surgery

Unread 07-18-2007, 08:41 PM
New to site and preparing for surgery

Hi everyone, I just found this site through a magazine, mine was to be today but the doctor postponed it until next Wednesday as she will be out of town the two days after. I am scheduled next Wed. 7/25 at 10:45 am. My thoughts and prayers with ya'll this week and next week too. I know have to go through the stress of waiting but then again I wasn't ready as I am not sure what to do with my room. I sold my house and rent a room from a girlfriend last year so I am afraid I will be stuck in my dorm room. It is going to be a total, everything nothing left. If you all have any tips for me so I can get my room ready this weekend I would so appreciate your suggestions. I do have a TV and DVD player.

No recliner, darn, mine is in storage :-)

Thanks sisters and good luck with yours.

Bj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Bj!

We're glad you joined us! There's a ton of great information and support here! I would suggest that you read through Checkpoints when you have time. You will find answers to questions you didn't even know you have!

Explore around the site! We're always here for you!

s, Deb
Unread 07-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Thank you so much for your support and information.... I so appreciate it very much. I just do not know what to expect and trying to explain to friends what I will need seeing I have no family here to help me when I get home from the hospital. Just overwhelmed at the moment. I didn't think I was until yesterday when it hit me it was a week away.

Keep smiling :-)

BJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Welcome BJ
As crossfire said check out the checkpoints they've been a big help to me. Everyone on this site are great. Just start asking questions and someone is sure to have an answer. Come here often theres always someone around. Day or Night
Unread 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM

Well, I am getting ready as my surgery is Wednesday, 25th. Seeing I will on my own during the day and the person a rent a room from even though she is a nurse, I have gone out out and gotten extra sheets and washed them, lots of loose PJs and tops. I am still looking for a tummy pillow to get and a tableside laptop. I saw one posting where someone was saying about buying different panties, I know I am going to have a bikini cut so do I need to get somethig other than my bikini style underware? I bought an electric shaver.

Another question, do you get to take a shower or do you have to wait so long? I am sure I will get this information once I go for pre-op on Monday but I want to get everything bought tomorrow that I might need.

Thank you for all your help and support. I am still nervous and wee bit scared now that it is even getting closer.

Bj :-)
Unread 07-22-2007, 02:24 AM

Here is what I've done so far:
Tummy pillow: I sew so I made mine however a friend said the hospital gave her one. She also said the firmer the better.
Buying different panties, I know I am going to have a bikini cut so do I need to get somethig other than my bikini style underware? I havent bought any different panties yet cause mine seem to cover everything. Someone did say that they wore the ones the hospital gave them. She said they wer comfy.

Another question, do you get to take a shower or do you have to wait so long? Some ladies have posted that they were able to take showers in the hospital it all depends on your surgery I think. I forgot to ask at my pre-op.

Hope I helped a little.
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:44 AM

Thank you Deb, I appreciate you help, I think I am all ready. I am sure I have forgotten something but everyone has been a help because I would have never know some of this stuff to do. I go for my pre-op this afternoon and surgery on Wednesday. I am not scared but nervous being alone here. I sent my Dad money to take my sisters and himself out to lunch which will be the time I am in surgery 2,000 miles away. I figure them being together up north having lunch would be about what they would be doing if they were waiting on me to come out of it. It makes me not worry about my Dad... I so want this all to be over and I guess it will be on Wednesday.... Good luck on your surgery and thank you all for your support and I will be check in later.

BH
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:23 AM

Love your name, I collect painted ponies, lol. Wanted to wish you well on Wed, and may you have a speedy recovery. Something to consider, to make bathing much easier, especially since you will alone. Is to get a shower chair, I'm still using mine at almost 4 weeks later. Also one of those sponges with a long handle, this way its easy to wash the legs and feet w/o bending down.

For a tummy pillow, I just got a travel pillow and it works well. When you feel a sneeze coming on place it over your tummy. I took mine to the hospital and it helped alot.

Main thing is alot of rest once home and don't over do it.
Unread 07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Surgery Moved to 7/27

The scheduler at the doctors office forgot to call down to the hospital to reserve the operating room for me tomorrow so when I went to my pre-op yesterday they found this all out. I was so stressed yesterday before I went to the hospital only then to be told they didn't know why I was there. So the doctor is doing it Friday morning 7/27 at 7:15 AM. Now I have to wait and I was all set and ok until I went to the hospital to get the news. This is the second time they have moved it. I told them do it again and I am not coming back.

Thanks for all the info, I found a great travel pillow which I can use after I am cleared to go back to work and traveling in my job.

Everyone who is having surgery this week you are all in my prayers sisters....

Happy Trails

Bj
Unread 07-24-2007, 08:23 PM

well i gotta go for mine tomorrow... 730 am.. im very nervous so i wish you well on friday when you finally get to go... i should be in bed sleeping but i just cant sleep... UGH...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register