painful sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-03-2008, 12:10 PM
painful sex

hi ladies can anyone give me some advise since i had my op i find it very painful when me and my husband have intercourse is that normal had my op done nearly 6 months ago i havent been to my docs yet as kept thinking was because isnt long since i had op but now starting to think should i go docs cause it has been 6 months now if anyone can help would be great thank you x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:45 AM
painful sex

nellybird

I'm sorry you're experiencing this.

Please don't struggle any longer and make an appointment to see your doctor. Which procedure did you have? Do you still have your ovaries? (There isn't any information in your profile). There are numerous things to consider when trying to find a solution for this such as, for example, vaginal cuff granulation or hormonal problems causing dryness, etc.

Will you let us know what you find out? I hope things improve very soon for you.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:53 PM
painful sex

hi there i had T.A.H and yes kept my ovaries it wasnt painful at first after the 6 week check it seemed to get painful after about 3 months i am thinking about going to docs to have a word to make sure everything ok thanks for your reply ooodle x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 08:54 PM
painful sex

Hi Nellybird,

It looks like we had our surgeries about a week apart - I'm also finding that sex is really painful - sort of like having a rug burn inside. Lubricant didn't make any difference. One suggestion from the nurse practitioner might be numbness related to cut nerves - I still have numbness in spots around my underbelly and wonder if the vagina is experiencing something similar. I'll be interested to read what your doc says. I'll be thinking of you.
Unread 05-08-2008, 03:00 AM
painful sex

Nellybird,

Sorry you have to go through this.

I have been experiancing the same thing, along with some bleeding after and during sex.

I have called my doc's office twice and the first time they told me it may be a
ovarin cyst that burst and that could be what caused the bleeding. Now, after it happened again I have been told that it more than likely is vaginal cuff granulation.

I also would call your doc to go in and see what is going on.

Best Wishes
Tammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register