what a wonderful website | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what a wonderful website what a wonderful website

Unread 12-05-2002, 11:57 AM
what a wonderful website

I am 37 years old and have always had very painful periods. Both of my children were born c-section and I had been cut vertically so....after many years of going to different doctors trying to find some type of relief I finally found one that took my pain seriously. He found a large fibroid and a mass. I had two ultrasounds that could not determine what the mass was and my CA125 came back fine. He suggested a TAH and I agreed. I was very nervous about it but after finding this website and reading virtually everything in it, I knew that I was making the right decision.

When the Dr. opened me up, he did have to cut me from the belly button all the way down to follow my previous scars, but no big deal to me, he said that I had the worst case of endometriosis that he had ever seen and could not imagine how I had lived through the pain for so long. He removed everything, including the ovaries, at my request. The way I looked at it, why leave them in there and possibly face cancer later and another surgery?

I had my surgery on 10/30/02 and I feel wonderful. I no longer have to plan my entire life around my period or worry about having to run home and change my clothes or the pain. I feel free and very much still a woman.

I am so thankful that I found this website and thank everyone who has taken the time to share their experiences. I had so many questions before and after the surgery and found all the answers. This is a blessing and I send much love to everyone who has been a part of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2002, 04:42 PM
what a wonderful website

Hi Jennifer

Isn't this the greatest website in the world? I am so grateful for the administrators, hostesses, sisters and all the behind the scenes technical people who make this place special.

By the way, I'm also 37. It still gives me comfort to see others my age (or close) who've had surgery because it's a reminder that none of us are alone.

Life as a certainly is grand.

Unread 12-06-2002, 06:42 AM
what a wonderful website

Hi Jennifer, I'm glad that you finally found a dr who listened to you ( some get so busy that they forget to "hear what we're saying). It sounds like you're really doing well, thanks for sharing with all of us. I love this site too and all the wonderful people here! s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register