Surgery sceduled for 7/16/2002 scared!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery sceduled for 7/16/2002 scared!!! Surgery sceduled for 7/16/2002 scared!!!

Unread 07-09-2002, 05:57 PM
Surgery sceduled for 7/16/2002 scared!!!

HI new at this so I amy not know what all to say. I am a 31 year old mother of 2 wonderful boys and married to a wonderful man. I am sceduled for surgery on the 16th of this month and I am very nervous. Any suggestions from anyone? Any advice? Help!!! Email anytime or post a message here. very tired must sign off but please feel free to sign in and I will message back, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2002, 06:19 PM

Hi vclay,

Welcome to Hystersisters!! I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to introduce yourself.

First, I want to reassure you that it is perfectly normal to be nervous when facing surgery - but most of us have found that the waiting part is the hardest part.

The main page of this site has drop-down menus that contain hints for pre-op and post-op ladies and stories of actual surgeries.

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Page

Post-Op Hysterectomy Page

Princess Stories Articles

I think you'll find those pages very helpful. You also might want to buy the Hystersister book "Through the Land of Hyster", which is full of information and helps to keep the web site free.

Please keep on reading and posting - we'll do our best to answer your questions.

's

Karen
Unread 07-10-2002, 05:07 AM
Hi Vclay,

Just wanted to welcome you to Hyster Sisters and give you a . I'm sorry you have to have surgery, but glad that you found us. There's a wealth of information and support here.

My advice would be to read all that you can and learn all that you can about your surgery. The more you know, the better prepared you will be. Karen gave you some great links, so spend time exploring and asking questions. We're here whenever you need us.

The other advice would be to pamper yourself. These last few days before surgery should be spent doing things you enjoy. Go out to dinner with friends or your hubby, go shopping, see a movie, take long hot candlelight bubble baths, whatever you enjoy doing. This will help you relax and besides, you deserve it.

The waiting is the hardest part of this surgery. So just hang in there, you'll be on the other side and looking back before you know it.

Best wishes and lots of s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2002, 01:54 PM
surg scheduled for the same day

Just writing to say good luck! I'm having a TVH the same day. I'll see you "on the other side"

Hap
Unread 07-10-2002, 02:22 PM

Welcome to another Vermonter! You will find this site so-o-o helpful...I feel much more confident after visiting with everyone here... much less nervous...spend a half hour here or there exploring, and jot down hints on paper, cuz one's brain can be a little (and then some) forgetful right now!
Unread 07-10-2002, 03:05 PM

Lip Balm, Lip Balm, Lip Balm! That's the best advice I can give you! And you're having your surgery on a wonderful day - my 1 year anniversary of my LAVH!
But seriously, the lip balm is a must because your lips get way chapped in the hospital. As stated before, the waiting is the worst part. Just don't try to be a hero - take your time recovering and let yourself be pampered. You'll do great!
Debbie
Unread 07-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Hello!!!!

Looks like there are a few of us 16July LIW. Good luck and
see you on the other side.

becky
Unread 07-11-2002, 07:47 PM
You will love this site!

This site has been a great source of comfort. We are hear to listen as you vent and cry. I am going in the same day! I can't wait! When I tell people, they are like "Oh, I'm sorry" I reply "No, its a wonderful thing, I can't wait! It will be the end of a long journey!"

You will make it, we all will. See you when we get out of the castle!

5 more days
Unread 07-11-2002, 10:38 PM

Get a pedicure the day or two prior to going to the castle --- you'll thank yourself after!
Unread 07-12-2002, 12:22 AM

Vclay......

My own surgery is 2 days after yours, and I am having a total abdominal, vertical incison. (7/18/02)

I am trying to remain calm because everything I ave read on this site from the ladies who have "been there--done that" say the WAITING and the uncertainty is what is the scariest. I am trying to remember that.

I think MY biggest fear is the pain and nausea after I wake up. I will be sure to tell the anesthesiologist about past surgeries where I was in great pain when I woke up and how I was throwing up....they can give you something to calm the stomach.
(I hear it's the GAS they give us that causes the nausea)
I plan to ask for a POST-OP EPIDURAL that first day.....I realy don't want to deal with the pain!!!!!

I also fear the fact that I will not be moving very well and any slight movement will cause great pain.

Big wuss here!!!! (but trying to remain calm)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register