Question for 4th week sisters - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for 4th week sisters Question for 4th week sisters

Unread 07-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Question for 4th week sisters

When I pee in the morning, dosn't seem like much. Have to flex bladder muscles (keigle type) to try to empty bladder totally. But then after a cup of coffee I can pee like a race horse. Only have one cup cuz I don't want to irritate new bladder in a sling thing. I do feel like I am getting better, but I stayed in my PJ's all day yesterday also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2006, 08:02 AM

Proud2bMe - Maybe we feel it more now because before it was more numb? Some people have numbness on the outside near the scar so I assume the inside is the same. Maybe now we are having more communication with the nerves (Hi!! Here We ARE!)
Unread 07-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Twinges

I started having those "new" twinges and aches last week also. I asked my DD, an ob/gyn nurse, and she said everything is readjusting, finding new places to settle and the nerves are finally waking up, as someone else said.
They seem to come on me in the afternoon after I'd been at work or up doing something for 2-3 hours.

I felt really good last night and went out to dinner with DH and younger DD. About 1/2 way through the meal I started getting a very deep pain--more in the rectal area. Maybe it was sitting on a hard chair for a while. Maybe it is from my A&P repair. Maybe my body just didn't want Italian and fought back. Who knows??

I came home, took Advil and it didn't quit hurting for another 2 hours. As I have said in another post--it is just a new adventure every day. But I still feel so much better now than I did week 1 or 2 that I can take some new twinges.
Unread 07-23-2006, 02:04 PM

hi,
I have been feeling alot better in week 4 then in week 3.
I had to go with my husband to His company picnic which happened to be at hershey park.
We went and took our 4 kids all under age 10.
it was an adventure to say the least.My son aged 5 was a little afraid of the rides so I had to pick him and place him on them.He weighs 50 pounds.
I am really feeling pretty good the day afterwards,we spent over 13 hours at the park.
I trully know I will probably be feeling it tomorrow .
Unread 07-23-2006, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey
The other wierd feeling I have is I don't really know when my bladder is full. It's hard to differentiate between pain and full bladder. Anyone else have that?
Yep. Feels like I'm having menstrual cramps. Then I go to the toilet and everything's fine. No trouble urinating, but man! Since the surgery? I have a LOT more room in my bladder than before. *****g softball-sized fibroid must have just been pressing on it to the point that capacity was practically nothing. I'd be getting up at least four times a night to pee, then have it be a trickle. I thought I was getting a bladder infection, but never any pain/burning - just the frequent urge to go. Now, I have to actually THINK about peeing! Who knew?

This is probably the most interesting physical journey I'll ever take. Not as bad as I thought, but not as good as I'd hoped. But at 4 1/2 weeks, I'm getting soooo ready to get back to work!
Unread 07-24-2006, 09:26 AM

I so envy you for looking forward to work. I am dreading it terribly. I have a new job that requires me to stand all day as well as lifting and pulling heavy items. I'm afraid to go back next Monday. Sometimes I feel fine and I always want to get out and about, but end up feeling exhausted after about 3 hours of activity. Ican't imagine being ready at 6 weeks. I'm wondering, how is everyone feeling about returning to work? Are most of you going back at 6 weeks? Thanks.
Unread 07-24-2006, 10:46 AM

I'm not going back until Aug. 30 but that's to teach middle school which doesn't require any heavy lifting or pulling (just lots of love and patience!LOL)
Has your doctor cleared you for this type of strain? What type of work is it? (Just curious...if you wish to share.)
Unread 07-24-2006, 11:04 AM

I really wish everyone was feeling as good as I am. No complaints here. Only time i have any hint of soreness is a few minutes upon getting out of bed on my tummy area. I'm guessing it's more stiffness than anything else, which is due to being imobile. Other than that, it's 'business as usual'. 4weeks today..
Unread 07-24-2006, 11:10 AM

I mentioned it briefly at my 2 week post op appt to which my doctor replied "we'll see". That scares me.
I was a telecom administrator until 2 weeks before my surgery. That involved some wiring, which is physical at times but not constant. I am in a union and was "bumped" by a senior employee during layoffs to a lower position. I now work in the supply department, which is fast paced and involves much lifting. I was notified a couple months ago of the change but couldn't look for new employment when I knew I would be off work and needed the FMLA. I planned to use this time to job hunt but haven't done as much as I should because of being so tired. For the 2 weeks I was in the new job it was a bit challenging for me, not being accustomed to being on my feet all day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register