Sudden bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sudden bleeding Sudden bleeding

Unread 06-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Sudden bleeding

I am a little over 5 weeks. I have not had any bleeding at all up to this point, just very mild brownish red on occasion when I wipe. Never anything even on my underwear. I had my follow check up a little short of 4 weeks, about 11 days ago and she said I was still healing. Today suddenly I am having bright red bleeding. Not a lot (yet anyway) but this is the first time I've seen any red blood. Enough so i had to put a pad on. I had DaVinci surgery removing uterus, cervix and both ovaries. Should I be worried? Figures it happens on a Saturday when I can't call my doctor. And just when I was really starting to feel well and not think about this constantly. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Re: Sudden bleeding

Hi

I am 4.5 wks post op and twice today included Im getting what you are describing. The 1st time I rang GP who said it was just things settling down and if it was there by lunch the next day to call and he would come to visit, luckily it stopped as soon as it started. Now today its happening, such a pain being the weekend. Really feels odd like period pain, let me know how you get on.....you in UK?
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:11 PM

Thanks Ladyauris. Sorry to hear you are having it too. I'm in the US. I have been more active the past few days so I'm hoping its just that. I didn't notice pain before I saw the blood but now my lower stomach is cramping a bit but I'm not sure if its my vivid imagination making me feel that way. It just really scared me when I saw all the bright red blood. Hope yours stops and that you are ok. I was trying to find the hospital papers for a number to call but I can't find them and decided to go lie down for a bit for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2013, 01:33 PM

Most likely you are passing stitches. If you develop new pain, fever or bleed through a pad or more an hour.
Unread 06-01-2013, 02:03 PM

My surgeon warned me to expect a little bleeding - enough to need a pad - when sutures begin to come out and tissue adjusts. He also warned that there might fibers in the fluid and that it might have a slightly off odor. This could happen staring around week 3 and thereafter. I'm a bit over 3 weeks out and it hasn't happened yet, but yesterday my surgeon said it still might.

Maybe that's what is happening?
Unread 06-01-2013, 06:40 PM

Thank you Molly and Lucy. I hadn't heard that before. Hopefully that's all it is. It's slowed down so I'm just taking it easy and lying on the couch watching some TV and hoping it will stop an thy everything is ok. You've all made me feel less nervous about it. Thank you!
Unread 06-02-2013, 03:09 AM

Well I woke up this morning quite alert, went for a short walk before all the dog walkers come out to avoid their dogs jumping at me as I know alot of people and dogs by their name LOL. Came back on here just for a few minutes, will have a sit down and intend following hubby round supermarket later on .....intend is the word I may just give him a detailed list and carrying on watching film i has recorded.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register