Shooting pain in Vaginal Area | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shooting pain in Vaginal Area Shooting pain in Vaginal Area

Unread 04-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Shooting pain in Vaginal Area

I am 2 weeks and 3 days post op having a TLVH. I have just in the last couple of days been getting a terrible shooting pain in my vaginal area. It will last for a minute or two and then go away. Please, if anyone has gone throught this please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2006, 01:01 PM

Yes that did happen to me but it went away around the 3rd week post op. I'll be 5 weeks post op tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Shooting Pains

I had this happen to me last night. Kept jumping out of the couch. DH must of thought I was crazy. It feels like a knife jabbing down there. I haven't had those today (knock on wood) and hope that is all there is. I see that our date is the same. I don't know about you but I can't seem to lie around anymore. I have to be doing something or I'll lose my mind. Hope you are doing good besides the shooting pains.
Terese
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2006, 01:45 PM

I am 2 weeks 3 days post TAH, same date as you, 4/7 and am also starting to have shooting vaginal pain and just plain down discomfort, even when I walk it is uncomfortable like a jarring. I have a call in to my doctor right now and am awaiting a call back and am sure he will tell me to hang in there and that this pain is normal. I guess it is because I have read so many others who have had this pain too. Glad to have this site to get feedback and support. Hang in there. I have to keep reminding myself that I am EARLY in recovery and that things will get better. Take care of you!!

Laurie
Unread 04-24-2006, 01:46 PM

Infact I have been doing too good. I was doing so well after surgery that I called my DR. to find out if that was okay. Well, my luck has run out. I am now bleeding and have those pains. I know I over did, but I had a business to open up.
Unread 04-24-2006, 04:12 PM

TAH 2 wks ago today. I went shopping this weekend for 2-3hrs with bluejeans on(crazy me). Now my incisions are RED and ITCHY. I can't even wear underpants. Any suggestions on how to make this more comfortable, My dr.appt isn't until next week. Appreciate any suggestions!!! lol
Unread 04-24-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeans71
TAH 2 wks ago today. I went shopping this weekend for 2-3hrs with bluejeans on(crazy me). Now my incisions are RED and ITCHY. I can't even wear underpants. Any suggestions on how to make this more comfortable, My dr.appt isn't until next week. Appreciate any suggestions!!! lol
Ice pack helped me when I did same.
Gook luck!
Unread 04-24-2006, 05:42 PM

i am 2 weeks post-op tvh and just got those pains today as well figured it was normal
Unread 04-24-2006, 05:56 PM

I also had surgery on April 7th and have these pains the past couple of days too! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I also had a small amount of bleeding last night, for the first time since I came home from the hospital. I'm thinking I overdid it over the weekend. We went to a family birthday party and shopping (Target and Walmart - but I did use the "sit and shops" both places) on Saturday. Then yesterday my dh and I cleaned the kitchen and one bathroom. While I did the countertops, sinks, and tiolet, he did all the sweeping and mopping, plus the bathtub. Today I've taken it easy and mostly rested.
Unread 04-25-2006, 01:04 AM

I get them there, and in my belly occasionally too. It scared me at first, but then I remembered how my mouth was after having three teeth pulled a couple months back, stabbing pains along my left jaw. the dentist explained then that the nerves were healing, and as the heal they tend to shoot pain signals. Mine are lessening now, I'm 2 weeks and 3 days out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register