Upcoming hysterectomy: Cervix question - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy: Cervix question Upcoming hysterectomy: Cervix question

Unread 11-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy: Cervix question

Well the hospital just called about my pre-op appt and I found out I am having a TLH, So I guess he has already decided to remove my cervix. I'm kind of bummed, but at least I know now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2014, 04:05 PM

I had an LAVH on October 30th and had no choice as to whether it was to come out and frankly didn't even think to ask beforehand. I asked afterwards if I still had my cervix and the doc just laughed at me and said, "Nope! It's outta there!". One week later I found out I had cervical cancer so it's just as well :-)
Unread 11-25-2014, 06:40 PM

I am so glad mine was removed. I just read another forum recently with lots of women still bleeding and having the feeling of everything falling out constantly. My orgasms are still great , absolutely no bleeding, and no worries of cancer or having to go through another surgery to remove it.
Unread 11-26-2014, 12:29 AM

Thanks. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! It's kind of nice that I won't ever have to worry about starting my period at an inconvenient time and ruining all my underwear. 15 days to go! .
Unread 11-27-2014, 12:52 AM

I had a TLH in 2012. Took uterus tubes and cervix. Never been happier because I am not in constant pain anymore. Did not have any problems whatsoever. Libido way up and orgasms are amazing. Good luck to you
Unread 12-01-2014, 03:52 PM

I'm not a doctor by any means but I wanted to share what I found.

A week prior to my surgery, I had scheduled where I was going to have everything removed except my cervix. I was worried about my pelvic floor & sexual health, even thinking 20+ years down the road.

I had been keeping in contact with my primary care doc about my upcoming surgery. She, being very conservative, asked my reasons why I was keeping my cervix. She subscribes to a service where she pulled up a study/clinical trial that was published just two weeks before our conversation. In the study, there was no proof, of my two concerns ( on bladder wall or sexual satisfaction) between the two groups of those who kept their cervix and those who didn't. That's when I decided to just have it all removed and eliminate another cancer potential.

**discussing with your own doctor and surgeon is always best**

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register