dVH/RALH 3 Weeks post hysterectomy and still shuffling around - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Weeks post hysterectomy and still shuffling around 3 Weeks post hysterectomy and still shuffling around

Unread 10-19-2015, 10:49 AM
3 Weeks post hysterectomy and still shuffling around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kare1120 View Post
I have to say I am so thankful to read I'm not the only one who is having a rough week three. I have been up and walking, but it seemed to go downhill, especially the evenings. I have people who tell me to "get over it" and "they did fine". As much as I feel like a failure at times, I'm starting to see we are all unique and heal as our body lets us. When I pressure myself, I seem to struggle more with anxiety & conditions seem worse. Thank you for your post. (((HUGS)))
Your welcome and best wishes for your complete speedy recovery from here. I have good news! Today I am week 4 and the last 2 days have been 20x better! I can walk almost normal and it is lasting into the evening. There's a big BUT though; I don't trust that I can do what I feel so I am still taking it super slow - haven't even done a load of laundry yet. I'm gonna stick to the 6 week rule of no bending.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2015, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermichelle View Post
Your welcome and best wishes for your complete speedy recovery from here. I have good news! Today I am week 4 and the last 2 days have been 20x better! I can walk almost normal and it is lasting into the evening. There's a big BUT though; I don't trust that I can do what I feel so I am still taking it super slow - haven't even done a load of laundry yet. I'm gonna stick to the 6 week rule of no bending.
I think it's wise to follow the 6 week rule also. So glad you are doing better. I'm close to week 4 and just try to be patient. My best for you & many more great days!
Unread 10-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Re: 3 Weeks post hysterectomy and still shuffling around

Dear SisterMichelle - Congrats on getting to 3 weeks - I'm 3 weeks today - Happy Celebration to this milestone. I had an abdominal hyster. 10 inch transverse, 4.5 hr long surgery. I am still walking like a little old lady. I know this because my husband told me LOL. Whatever! I'm a princess now and I can do what I want.
I digress. I bought some 3 dollar girdle-type panties from Dollarama. It makes walking easier.
I guess the support it provides is mental, emotional and physical I bought some smalls and mediums [my bum tends to be a 'large'] but the nice tight support is just the cat's meow. Small for days when my tummy is not swollen, mediums for the days it is.
I found I shuffled a lot until I had to go outside with my shoes and coat on. Then my posture got better.
That said, I still sleep curled up at night because I just can't straighten out these tummy muscles yet. It hurts.
I am still in my nightie most days and I am not apologizing.
Hugs to you, sister. Play this game by your rules and see your doctor when you think you should. Xo T
Unread 10-20-2015, 03:28 PM

I'm 3 weeks post op (full abdominal hysterectomy) this Wednesday. I think I'm doing fine, but definately feel that in week 3 progress has slowed. Have done about a mile walk slowly on Sunday clinging onto my granddaughter's pushchair! However on Saturday the pain felt like the first week. Have been in a couple of shops today but did feel wobbly. Hot sweats are getting worse so bought some Sage leaf tablets today and started on Tiberone HRT (hormone replacement) last Friday. Seeing my Gynae in 4 weeks to change to a combined HRT pill as I had endometriosis. I'm 48. Confused about all the research about HRT and whether to take it. Have probably been doing more housework than I should but feel ok. Sleep this week is not very good, hot flushes feel like pins all over my body and my heart rate shoots up. Wind pains quite bad this week and a bit constipated - to put it bluntly my worse pains are just before I go to the loo, agonising.
Unread 10-20-2015, 03:40 PM

Dear Acornali - you are telling my story - same age, same activity I wish you the best with you recovery.
I am not doing HRT as I still have my ovaries but my sleep has been so disturbed this week I wonder if it is hormone related. [My period cycle is so that my period would be this weekend]. I was reading another thread that sometimes ovaries have blood supply interrupted so that hormones are disturbed even slightly - so thank you reminding me thusly.
I never expected to have so many tummy pains. OUCH. Put nightie back on and take a small dose of gentle laxative.... no one mentioned THAT issue.
To my sisters - be well.
Unread 10-21-2015, 02:31 AM

Hi systers.
So glad to hear Im not the only strugglerne at week 3.
I'm 2,5 weeks out of abdominal surgery- still have my ovaries, but they removed 2,4 Kgs fibroid and uterus in a 3 hour long procedure. I'm a single mother of a 3 and 5 year old and I'm finding the recovery very hard and too slow for my liking. I stayed 2 nights at the hospital and felt my weakest ever being signed out. (I had both my children via c-section, but this is much worse). From the hospital I moved home to my mum with the children as I could not look after Them on my own. I stayed for 10 days and it was so emotional. My mother cant take much noice or Toys laying around, children not sitting still, children being energetic and just basically had to vommene on everything and has been constantly critizising my Way og being a mother since day one. Anyway, I was and still am very emotional weeping for my uterus and justemotional in general after ovaries being handled, Big surgery and from Extreme tiredness. Anyone else still feeling very emotional?
Well last Friday, 2 weeks out I moved home with the children. My stepdans's picks Them up and tales Them to daycare and drops Them back, which is the best help ever. Hoveder next week he has to have eye surgery and Will not be able to help and Im already panicking about how to get Them to and from daycare on my own. I can't drive and have to take 2 busses and one short trainride to get there, then back again to rest, then out again to Pick Them up. I am considering keeping Them at home with me, but I get so tired and swelly belly and have to lay down often. I wont be able to go to the playground for long and I feel the days would be very long. Anyone else alene with small children? What did or do you do? I was a stay at home mum until recently and so they are usted to being at home with me, but its very hard when you are so physically weak and not supponer to lift or do much anything.
Woauw sorry to be wimping, but I have feeling weak physically and this whole emotional roller coaster is beginning to wear me out. Would be great to hear that other sřsters have felt hyper emotional too?

Systerhugs Louise
Unread 10-21-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acornali View Post
I'm 3 weeks post op (full abdominal hysterectomy) this Wednesday. I think I'm doing fine, but definately feel that in week 3 progress has slowed. Have done about a mile walk slowly on Sunday clinging onto my granddaughter's pushchair! However on Saturday the pain felt like the first week. Have been in a couple of shops today but did feel wobbly. Hot sweats are getting worse so bought some Sage leaf tablets today and started on Tiberone HRT (hormone replacement) last Friday. Seeing my Gynae in 4 weeks to change to a combined HRT pill as I had endometriosis. I'm 48. Confused about all the research about HRT and whether to take it. Have probably been doing more housework than I should but feel ok. Sleep this week is not very good, hot flushes feel like pins all over my body and my heart rate shoots up. Wind pains quite bad this week and a bit constipated - to put it bluntly my worse pains are just before I go to the loo, agonising.
Yes the bowel thing takes a while to get back to normal. I can tell you week 4 is MUCH better. Good luck at the Dr. Hopefully you can find the right HRT treatment. If not, look into natural products for menopause; my mother had do that because she couldn't take estrogen and she found something that worked perfect for her. I kept my ovaries and went through a brief hot flash episode ( I guess they go into shock for a week or two ) so I sympathize with you and will be looking for my own remedy when menopause hits. Oh, I am walking much better now too. Nothing Olympic (a mile walk is out of the question) but I notice an improvement every day. Things will get better! I will ask my mother what supplement she took if you would like to know. Healing hugs to all the sisters.
Unread 10-21-2015, 08:55 AM

Hello Sistermichelle,
Just wondering if you have the name of the natural HRT your mom took. I had severe endometriosis, fibroids and ovarian cysts.and when I went to my post-op appt the Dr said he took my ovaries (although when I was still admitted after surgery he said he kept 1/2 an ovary. Soooo not sure now but I seem to have some signs so just want to see what a natural HRT would be.
I appreciate your help ❤️ Wishing you speedy and healing recovery and to all the Hyster sisters❤️
Unread 10-27-2015, 12:47 PM

Im starting my fourth week and can only walk to the end of our road and back. length of a block. and that is on a good day. ive been very happy and upbeat. always in a good mood and look forward to the day. ( i was expecting to be sleepy and sluggish) i had a couple of sad moments where i was hurting enough to think i have broken my body by having this surgery only to wake up the next day feeling great. And by great i mean, no stabbing pain and a good mood. There is no way i could go back to work for more than an hour. i have to change from sitting to standing to lying down on an hourly basis or i get uncomfortable. So shuffle on. Im not in a big hurry if the rewards are a healthy active future.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register