Hi ladies! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi ladies!

I am new to the site. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on September 12,2005. My reason for having the procedure was mennorhagia. I am 38 years
old and hace 3 children.
Can any one help? One side of my incision is very painful
while the other side seems fine. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi ladies!

Have you spoken to your doc about this???? I would give him a call, and get an appt. have him look see, and see what he suggests.... You had your surgery on my Birthday. Hope you get answers to your questions, and let us know okay????
hugs
snickers
Unread 09-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Hi ladies!

Welcome! This is a wonderful site. And just remember if in doubt....call your doc. You will find though that we all seem to experience weird pains, stabs and jabs. Although not everyone here will have the same thing.....when you do find those that do....well it just makes you feel better knowing your not crazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Hi ladies!

Hi,

I noticed that too. I have searing pain on my right side, with even a little more blood coming through the steri-strips. Not much blood/pain on the left. (I had staples in hosp, then removed for the strips on day 4).

I thought it was because I am always leaning on my right side to help me get up. Maybe I strained those muscles too much? I have thought about using my left side more now to see if that helps...

However I am thinking of seeing my doc just to make sure and stop me from worrying so much about it

All the best in your recovery.... x
Unread 09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi ladies!

I had a knot and more pain on my left side. Mine was tolerable and went away after about 4 -5 weeks.
Unread 09-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Hi ladies!

Welcome..hope you find many anwsers here~ I have a knot and more pain on my right side. I would call your Dr though and ask just to be safe~ Blessings`
Unread 09-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi ladies!

Hi ladies,

When you say 'knot', are you referring to a muscular knot?
Unread 09-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Hi ladies!

Welcome!! You have found an excellent site. I am 3 weeks post op and had the same symptom. I also had groin in my pain. I called my dr and he said that I probably over did it. He also said that the pain on the side of my insicion is normal. He said that it is part of the healing process. He told me to rest for a couple of days and if it gets worse or no better to come in and have him check it. I rested for a couple of days and I feel alot better. I would call your dr to make sure, though. Hope this helps. Just know that you are not alone. God bless and keep you in his arms through your recovery.
Unread 09-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi ladies!

Welcome to this website. You'll find a wealth of information concerning any questions you may have. But, sometimes it's better to check with your doctor. And you may want to do that in this case.

My left side was more sensitive than my right, and my incision covers more of the left side of my abdomin. I never had any real problems with it, and by the end of week three there was almost no pain.
Unread 09-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks

Thanks for your quick responses and wishing me well with my recovery. I have no one to talk to on this matter because I don't know anyone who has had the procedure. I will call my doc to be sure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register