Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today? Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today?

Unread 08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today?

Ive helped a fellow sister who is about to undergo her hysterectomy on Sept 5 she has cancer. We work in classrooms next door to one another. I gave her the website address and signed her up for the hystersisters booklet. I also did the same for my mother who had her hysterectomy 20 yrs ago but she still has questions about some of the hormonal issues she goes through. I thank God this site was here for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2008, 09:42 PM

I love this site. I am an only child so it's nice to be the "big" sister on here. I have posted a few replies to the pre-op sisters. I hope that they find our suggestions very helpful. Thank you sooo much for this site. I had no one to talk to prior to finding it, and it has helped so much since coming home from the castle. I think I spend more time on here looking at threads and posting comments than I do watching tv. LOL. It truly is a godsend. Thanks to all my sisters out there!
Unread 08-26-2008, 06:58 AM

It's on like donkey-kong! I absolutely want to help anyone I can, and have been back and forth b/t the two sides to spread the love b/c it's what carried me thru this whole experience. You are angels and I thank heaven for you guys everyday. Let me know anything else I can do, girlies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2008, 09:22 PM

I am always telling people about this site. I also encourage future sisters to join because this has been a great help to me.

Thanks again.

Tophatt10
Unread 09-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Helping the other sisters in waiting has been very theraputic during my recovery
Unread 09-11-2008, 06:12 AM

I remember when I was told I needed to have a hysterectomy. Not knowing where to turn or having information was the worst part. Finding this site was the best thing i've ever did. I check this site almost every day and will do my part to help others. I promise!!!
Unread 09-17-2008, 08:58 PM

Hi.I had my LAVH June 06....seems to have passed very quickly once I started feeling better and was able to do a few things in my garden. This experience has been a real time to stop and smell the roses. Fortunately I was already menopausual when i had my surgery, so no awful peri-menopausual things going on. I will support the sisters as this website helped me a lot. The best thing I ever did was to order the booklet What 100,000 Women Know About Hesterectomy. My surgeon has promised to order some and hand them out to his patients who are considering surgery. I gave all my copies away to ladies I met at the hospital, and they were so very happy to find a source of info. of course I told them of the website too. Many many thanks!
Unread 09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
LVH Post-op from Canada

Hi. My surgery was back in June/08 and I am not from Georgia, but thought I would reply to wish you well in your recovery. I had 3 prolapses; seemed like everything was falling down! My surgery was uneventful and with a GREAT deal of patience I believe I have recovered well. I got that booklet WHAT 100,000 WOMEN KNOW ABOUT HYSTERECTOMY and it is a most wonderful resource (also Free!). It can be ordered from this website and I cannot tell you how many times I read it. I saw my surgeon on June 6 and not again until Sept 13, so I really needed a good resource. I would highly recommend this booklet. Take care of yourself and my best wishes are going with this message!
Unread 09-28-2008, 06:54 AM

Great reminder!
thanks for all the help I've rec'd
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:56 AM

I APPRECIATE THIS WEBSITE SOOOOO MUCH AND GLAD THAT I FOUND IT . READ IT EVERY MORNING.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register