post-op bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post-op bleeding post-op bleeding

Unread 10-27-2012, 09:11 AM
post-op bleeding

day 12...still spotting. is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Re: post-op bleeding

From what my dr. said, yes. I will be five weeks out on Monday, and I have been spotting most days since surgery. In the last few days, it's almost gone. Some ladies on here seem to have very little, unlike me. At my two week check, my dr. said not to worry unless it becomes heavier like a period.
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogiebatts View Post
From what my dr. said, yes. I will be five weeks out on Monday, and I have been spotting most days since surgery. In the last few days, it's almost gone. Some ladies on here seem to have very little, unlike me. At my two week check, my dr. said not to worry unless it becomes heavier like a period.
I thought I was the only one that was bleeding the whole time...Thanks for posting that you are also. Last week I had to go back to have a torn stitch cauterized and Dr thought that should take care of my bleeding. Well, I am just spotting now, but still, very nerve racking each time I go to the bathroom and see it. I have been off my feet for the last few days and thouht that would help, but nope this cuff wants to keep giving me grief...I guess.
I don't go back till my 6 week check up, and am thinking about calling the DR Monday morning to see if this is normal. Then I am also worried cause of the bad weather we are supposed to get hit with the hurricane Sandy. So wish I could just relax and not worry all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2012, 12:20 PM

My spotting was decreasing the first week, and then on day 8 it was the most ever. Since then, it is sometimes bright red, sometimes pink. I know it's unnerving to see it all of the time, but I've gotten kind of used to it. I'm trusting my dr. Saying it's normal and not to worry. Also I've read that when your sutures dissolve, you will see some bleeding, so that may be part of it. I am an anxious worrier, so I relate. Call your dr. and ask because it will put your mind at ease to hear "That's normal".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register