Scheduled dVH/RALH 100 questions...or less lol! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

100 questions...or less lol! 100 questions...or less lol!

Unread 01-28-2011, 03:55 PM
100 questions...or less lol!

I posted my story a few threads down. My De Vinci hysterectomy is scheduled for Feb 14th. Now that I had sometime to think I have a few questions I hope I can get some feedback on...

1. About how long did your De Vinci procedure take? I'm having my uterus, left ovary, and cervix taken out. Possible endometriosis cleaned up and she said something about a vaginal lift.

2. What would have made my endometrial biopsy excruciatingly painful? I have had two children. When she went through the cervix, it was crampy but not bad at all. but when she used that little plastic "pipit" type thing i went through the roof! It was the SHARPEST pain i ever felt! She is thinking maybe its adenomyosis. I do have two fibriods that were seen on the ultrasound.

3. I have a complex cyst on my left ovary. Its not a big one. but I wasn't really given the option to just watch it. I was told that it really should come out and looked at.

4. I'm always so tired and never have any energy. Did this improve after your hysterectomy? I do have longer cycles at times but don't feel like they are heavy enough to cause me to be so tired all the time?

5. Did you experience "mental fog"? I have noticed over the past few weeks I can't concentrate. I feel like my brain is "sleepy" and I have a hard time thinking of everyday things. Been pretty forgetful too. And yes, this was going on before I learned i needed a hysterectomy so its not the stress of that causing this "brain fog" lol

I know I have more questions but I'm too tired to think right now. But any input is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Re: 100 questions...or less lol!

In response to #2... could you also be interpreting the pain from the biopsy scraping? That part really hurt, even under the influence of vicodin.

As far as being tired and mental fog, they could be related to your 2 children. Haven't been reading the boards very often, so I don't know if you mentioned their ages, but maybe they are tiring you out. Add children to health issues and it can really drain you, even if you don't really notice.

They probably are concerned about the cyst because, as you say, it is a complex cyst, not just a functional one.

Good luck.
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:16 AM

I've had 2 biopsies and they were both horrid. VERY painful.

haven't had my surgery yet, but wanted to voice in on that part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2011, 06:56 AM

I had mine due to a comple cyst. They told me it had to come out. I had a 2nd opinion. When they got in, endometriosis was so bad, I lost both ovaries (was only expecting to lost the one). I kept my cervix. It's been okay. Using the estrogen patch so far.

My surgery was 4 hours.

I think the brain fog could be anxiety. I couldn't concentrate on anything in the weeks before surgery. The tiredness could also be anxiety.
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:19 AM

I've been foggy for months. I was told it was due to the amount of blood the mass is requiring to support itself. That combined with having teenagers could fry anyone's brain. One of my pre-op tests will be for anemia.

I'm going in for Davinci on Feb 15th and will have cervix removed, and hopefully keep ovaries. My GYN told me she refuses to do hysterectomies on Valentine's Day when we were booking her "first free" day, and the 14th the first one.

Fallgurl, seems we are going to be Davinic post-op buddies.
Unread 01-31-2011, 05:54 PM

Thank you everyone! My "kids" are 20 and 22 so I don't think its them causing the brain fog lol! I have noticed this brain fog for a few weeks before I went to my Dr. Its pretty bad after 40 years and it takes a REALLY long time to figure out what hand your left hand is, or simple math takes forever to figure out. I just re-read this post so far and repeated myself twice, forgot a word and an "s" on the end of another lol. All fixed of course! Anyway, the biopsy she said was a little "suction" thing she used. Not powered by electric, something she pulled on. I don't know, but I do know I don't think I could go through that ever again!I'm just freaking out trying to learn everything i can and try and understand all of this. I'm so glad I found this place, it has helped tremendously! Thank you to all of you's! And BummedOutBlonde...Yup, looks like we are gonna be post-op buddies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register