Endometrial Ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial Ablation Endometrial Ablation

Unread 03-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Endometrial Ablation

Hi,

I have been a member here for a couple of years now. Can't remember exactly when but I know after months I decided against a hysterectomy. My problem at the time was pelvic pain and rupturing cysts. I have had 4 children so that was a reason for the suggestion also. I decided against a hysterectomy because my doctor at that time said it may not get rid of my pain and because of my age at that time I could keep my ovaries but that was one of my problems. Mentally was not ready and because of my work and situation at the time I did not have it.

Well, a little over a year ago I found out I am (was) severly anemic (and my iron count was very low). I had an iron infusion (receiving iron by IV instead of pills) last year. Took care of it for awhile. I developed a small fibroid in my uterus and my period was very heavy. It had been heavy even before the fibroid but I had a few cycles that was even worse. Anyway, started going to the doctor again because we needed to find out why I get so anemic. A doctor suggested an edometrial ablation. It would help cut down the bleeding or not have any. He gave me some time to think about it and in the meantime I had to have another iron infusion. I had the ablation not too soon afterwards (Feb). There was a 10 percent chance it would not work. I have had one cycle and except for my cramps I would not have known it was there. The ablation does not take care of pain. My concern was the blood loss and being anemic.

I guess the reason I am telling this is because the ablation did not get the fibroid because of where it is located. My internist suggested I have the hysterectomy before I had the ablation and so did my doctor but the internist was like then I wouldn't bleed at all. Made sense. Very good sense. But again, I couldn't do it for the same reasons as before even though as time goes it is making more sense to have it done.

For some reason I am not ready. The ablation may not fix my anemic problem, it sure doesn't take care of my pains and cramps. So, it is still an option I may have to do in the future.

I recommend this site to anyone considering a hysterectomy or other options. You'll find support and great information here. Even though I don't visit this site as often as I did before I hope it will be here when I need it again. I periodically check. I upgraded today because I would hate to see this site gone. I don't know why I am having a hard time with my decision and doctors and a few friends say just do it (not the doctors). Good Luck to all, wishing you the best.

PS I apologize for the length and choppiness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Endometrial Ablation

Hi WhiteTiger

I'm sorry you are still having pain & cramps since the ablation, but glad your bleeding is better and hope you don't have any further trouble with anemia.

Thank you for checking in and sharing your story. It really helps others to read the follow-up posts from members such as yourself, who have explored other options or are watching and waiting to see how things go. Also, for upgrading and supporting this site.

Gentle s & best wishes,
Beth
Unread 03-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Endometrial Ablation

Thanks, Beth.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register