Is it normal to have pain 3 months out? Children mentioned | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it normal to have pain 3 months out? Children mentioned Is it normal to have pain 3 months out? Children mentioned

Unread 12-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Is it normal to have pain 3 months out? Children mentioned

I had twin girls on September 19th, 2011 via c-section. I came home, five days later. Two days later, I hemorraghed and ended up in the ER with emergnecy abdominal hysterectomy surgery. I had something called placenta accreta. I had eight blood transfusions, plasmas and platelets.

It has been such an emotional roller coaster for me.
I have pain on my right side near incision site. It comes and goes, but yesterday I picked up a heavy grocery bag. I hardly take my twin girls anywhere since the car seats are heavy and the double stroller is too. My six year old boy is quite active too.

I still have pain in near right side incision site. Some days i have pain in my right leg. I had it scanned to make sure there is no blood clot. Some days I feel I am going out of my mind with what happenned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Re: Is it normal to have pain 3 months out? Children mentioned

Due to the trauma involved in your two surgeries, it does not surprise me that you are still having tenderness and pain.

I had a run of the mill TAH with very minor complications and it took literally months for me to not have pain with lifting and such. Seriously, 6 months out I was still being careful lifting and pulling on things.
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:32 PM

I hope you have had a lot of help since Oct 1st! Twins alone are hard enough but to have a hysterectomy also- I can't imagine. It will probably take longer for you to heal because you can't sit and relax for very long. Hang in there I am only 6 weeks post op & am very tender.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2011, 04:26 PM

I'm sorry about all the unplanned challenges you're facing! I had an SAH and am still having pain at almost 5 months. Each month it has gotten a little less, but I'm still feeling twinges, soreness and tenderness every day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register